Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheHighestTree

Glossy floors in vanilla Doom?

I was making a map a while back that was a sort of garden/hedge maze with the occasional wood pillar. When i was making this, i managed to make it so that the wood cylinders in one clearing would reflect onto the ground below them. There was no HOM or anything, but it looked perfectly good. The only problem is that my HD got wiped a few months back and everything was lost.

Is this a documented special effect? I've never seen it before, but may have a clue as to how i did it. If i do get it, i'll put it in newstuff or something.

P.S: I used f_sky1 as my ceiling texture. I'm positive that this has something to do with it looking good.

The floor was the checkered marble, and what i mean is that it looked as though the floor was reflecting the walls (as if it were polished) It looked realistic too

McFearsm.wad has a pretty good demonstration of that, where the author used some lines with wall textures at y-offset of -128 to give the appearance of reflections on the floor. Some other good effects in that wad too. It was hard to figure out what the author had done because he had a few overlapping sectors which are not obvious until you move one of the sectors slightly and then see the one which is coincident. If anyone wants it, and can't find it, email me and I'll send it. llblakely@earthlink.net