Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phml

Mysterious maps

--25/06/2012: autopsy, map02-03 only

(Disclaimer: maps may not be so mysterious.)

Through the magic of internet tubes, the spirits have spoken to me again, and an assortment of letters was revealed to be linking to a Doom level. Sharing is caring, so, there you go: (link removed)

The spirit world runs on complevel 2 and its denizens tend to use prboom(plus, I assume). It has been implied more maps may or may not manifest themselves in the near future.

First thought: Perhaps a little too mysterious for me.
Second thought: Oh, I see... Down the middle. No, still too mysterious.
Third thought: Ah ha, it lowers after a while.

I must find a way to withstand the mysteriousness just a little while longer.

FDA.

I couldn't figure out how to kill the arch-viles without wasting all health items and 190% hp. The design is cool.
Is it a Grain of Salt map?
EDIT: wait, it's obvious from the title.

This was fairly hard. To kill the cyberdemons I had to use 100% infighting and I could only kill 2 of them.

Still a nice little map.

Fun map, but does anyone know why Grain of Salt left Doomworld?
Also, why did he delete his posts? That's just obnoxious.

Usually i dont do fdas since i prefer going through the map with iddqd/saves first, but decided to give it a try. So here is a FDA for 03, demo length is 15:19, final time is 13:50. Died a couple of times at the very start in my usual fashion, then things went fine and i started playing quite cautiously not to screw it up. Was concerned about ammo shortage all the time, so i didnt even use plasma and shot only 2 rockets. Cybers scared the hell out of me, but they went smoothly too. Nice map.

MediaFire said:

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Check your link plz.

Grain of Salt said:

Maps 1,4,5 & 6 were so bad that nature itself cried out at their existence, and so they lapsed from our reality, never to be seen again, and there was much rejoicing throughout the land.

Oh, give us a fucking break GOS. A repost would make me rejoice!

The dark map would've worked with BFG and some blinking lights to locate AVs, maybe some way to take cover from them and notable exit, besides that it's cool idea.