Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great fun. I had 100% kills, 100% secrets, HMP, no save, no cheats, at first try. I loved the second map because it had different visuals in every room.

few notes:

[M1] I did not like texture usage on sidedefs: 8, 9, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. I think that the textures should not be *bend* that way.. just a suggestion.

[M2] Thing 31 (An Imp on crates) is stuck in celling (tested in gzdoom) which result in him being harmless.

[M2] I had to fist things 64 and 65 (former sergants) because I ran out of ammo at that part.

[M2] Last sections of map, one with yellow keycard and other with exit, feels empty. Maybe add a cacodemon that will popup when player reach yellow keycard?

Thanks for maps.

Fun maps with tolerable amounts of symmetry. But isn't e1m1's music too dramatic for such a simple map? Also e1m2 is broken in classic ports (like prboom-plus) because linedef 988 has a zero tag. Don't use zero tags for anything other than D1\DR actions.

Fun! Okay, stream-of-consciousness style critique incoming:

Very well balanced on HMP! Visually engaging; never boring. Occasionally worth the time to genuinely stop and take in the architectural and texture work. For example, it's a simple trick, but I very much enjoyed this area's (1920x1080 pic) lighting, even if STARGR1 doesn't seem to totally fit, at least as the ceiling 'steps' go down.

I didn't find the secret on M1, and I missed a monster on M2. I'd have to say that M1 was my favourite, with some real fine texture work, and a good 'flow' while moving through the level. A great introduction.

I found health and ammo balancing pitch perfect on both M1 and M2. I never had enough ammo that I could afford to waste it, but somehow there were always a couple of shell/bullets hanging around when I most needed them. I was down to fists at one point, and considered F6ing, when I fell upon a much needed ammo cache - I was in awe. At another point, I entered a dark room and saw a full medkit lying on the ground - it seemed out of place, as my health was fine. Just then a Spectre bit me - I laughed. ;D

M2 drags on a bit, with the switch hunts, and some of the trap doors that later open weren't tagged as 'secret,' (pictured below) so the surprises weren't really surprises. Perhaps this is intentional, though.

Sokoro said:

[M1] I did not like texture usage on sidedefs: 8, 9, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. I think that the textures should not be *bend* that way.. just a suggestion.

Just as a counterpoint, this is one of the first pieces of texturework that struck me as nice. *Shrug.* That's taste for you.

What I didn't like was the sharp cutoffs on mid Linedefs 380 & 415 (856x454). I would recommend attaching pillars to the ends, or something. Or else they just look too two-dimensional.

En bref: I liked it, can see some room for improvement, but am definitely looking forward to more maps - in the near future, hopefully. [:

This WAD was really fun, and I liked the secrets too. One effect I really liked was the room with the alert light effect and I would like to do that effect with your permission sometime in one of my maps. The only problem was the room with the exit switch in E1M1 because linedef 581 had action 67 - SR Floor Raise by 32 (changes texture) and it was the one controlling sectors 82, 83 and 84. The reason it has a problem was that the action was repeatable and playing around with the switch too much can cause you to be trapped and start the level over or from the last point you saved. Overall I like the WAD and you did a good job.

Thanks for all the feedback. I just remembered that the 2nd level at the end didn't have any monsters or ammo because I forgot to add them. These maps were originally going to be in a full replacement episode, but I stopped work because I lost inspiration. It was called "heh" because I couldn't think of anything to call it.

Here's the fixed version
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/niq12vAvin/heh-fixed.7z

NitroactiveStudios said:

One effect I really liked was the room with the alert light effect and I would like to do that effect with your permission sometime in one of my maps.

Sure go ahead.

I tried doing it earlier but I couldn't do it and I'm also on a phone and I don't know how to use the ftp app.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it done