Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDarkArchon

ZDoom 2.6.0 released

Congrats to the ZDoom devs on pulling out of the development nosedive and getting this release out. Sounds like there are some interesting new features too.

Lol I didn't noticed that ZDoom wasn't updated for 2 years...I always prefer GZDoom and fortunately, it was updated more often.

Avoozl said:

Does this mean it will eventually render gzdoom is useless?

As long as ZDoom remains with features like y-shearing when looking up or down, no.

GZDoom got a new release as well. Get it here. The GZDoom website hasn't yet been updated to reflect this though, apparently due to some technical difficulties with Graf Zahl's ISP.

Heh, I remember 2.5 was released around when I first started lurking on Doomworld.

Anyways, nice to see that ZDoom won't be stuck on the same version for all eternity...

There is a floating decapitated bunny head on the menu. Any reason for that?

b00mb0dy said:

If you don't like it, you can change it. Use the mouse options and change the cursor here. Personally I like "Simple arrow".

Gez said:

If you don't like it, you can change it. Use the mouse options and change the cursor here. Personally I like "Simple arrow".

Ha. I didn't even bother moving the mouse to see that it was a cursor. I use the keyboard when moving around on the menu, so I thought it was some glitch or something. I'll leave it as is I think.

I see the bunny hates me. I use the menu and if my mouse moves a bit, the selection moves up to the bunny head. heh. how about a little delay between the keyboard presses and the bunny head taking focus?

Csonicgo said:

I see the bunny hates me. I use the menu and if my mouse moves a bit, the selection moves up to the bunny head. heh. how about a little delay between the keyboard presses and the bunny head taking focus?

I personally went back to disabling the mouse for menus in the aforementioned Mouse settings. I thought about setting it to "Chex", but I didn't.

Csonicgo said:

I see the bunny hates me. I use the menu and if my mouse moves a bit, the selection moves up to the bunny head. heh.

Change the Enable mouse in menu setting to "Touchscreen-like" so that selection isn't changed by the cursor moving over something, or "No" to disable it altogether.

Gez said:

Change the Enable mouse in menu setting to "Touchscreen-like" so that selection isn't changed by the cursor moving over something, or "No" to disable it altogether.

Hmm... Speaking of that, is someone actually planning to port ZDoom to touchscreen devices?

printz said:

As long as ZDoom remains with features like y-shearing when looking up or down, no.

There is still polymost (console: r_polymost 1), though that seems to be about it w.r.t. progress.

b00mb0dy said:

The Heretic one actually looks like a mouse pointer arrow. That is great work.

Hirogen2 said:

There is still polymost (console: r_polymost 1), though that seems to be about it w.r.t. progress.

Which, IIRC, Randy has proclaimed will never be finished.