Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
narcissus

License to Spell Doom: help needed

In License to Spell Doom, but does anyone know where/how to get all the detonators at the end of the second map? I couldn't find anything in this thread. I've gotten two so far (one with a forklift, one underwater) but the rest all seem blocked by walls or unreachable jumps (the one to the north by a fan - am I supposed to somehow jump from the barrier to the vent?).

I'm new to Doom mods, and started with the top 100 wads... and have promptly gotten stuck on this beast of a mod. I'd quit and move on but the zdoom scripting has really impressed me so far.

All 10 are hidden in secrets so you have to look for the typical hints, like shootable grates, walls that stand out, cracks in walls and so on.

This mod does have some issues with recent ZDooms due to some sloppy mapping where invisible bridge things may block some passages. I don't know if these have ever been addressed by a re-release. There may be one or two detonators you can't reach. If you absolutely can't seem to get one, you may have to use noclip.

TUD's been active lately, so it may be worth PMing him about a possible bugfix re-release, since he's been doing the same for Serpent: Resurrection recently.

He'll hopefully see this. I haven't followed the update history of this WAD but the problem was that it contains extremely large bridge things and due to the incomplete blockmap linking in older versions they had 'holes'. After that got fixed a few started blocking certain passages.

Another problem was that they could get moved by doors and lifts - but that has been fixed in the engine.

The bridge issue was fixed in the update last year.

There's enough room to get around the fan, and yes some of them are pretty hard to get. Some are triggered by walls that have an out-of-place texture, light level etc. others by floor plates or shootable switches and some are found just by jumping around.

(and the secret map has some tricky puzzles too)