Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Goat

AiC's Layne Staley Dead

I know this is off topic, and I don't know how many Alice In Chains fans there are in this forum, but me being one of them, I feel I gotta post this somewhere and I'm chosing here.
Alice In Chain's lead vocalist and guitarist was found dead yesterday in his Seatlle home.
VH1.com has the full article

Heh, Alice in Chains used to be one of my favorite bands. I still like them, but haven't listened to them in quite a while.

the_Danarchist said:

damn...being found dead, from a drug overdose...on 4-20 no less...

VH1 said:

Exact time and cause of death are pending, as laboratory results could take several weeks, a spokesperson said.

Goat said:

Nah, he also played guitar.

He could play guitar, but he rarely did on their studio recordings or tours.

Despite that he didn't actually play (much) on the albums, he still had a hand in writing a hell of a lot of the material, next to Cantrell of course.

I think I'll listen to Long Gone Day again. He wrote something special about that song in the liner notes. It's a nice depressing goodbye song.

I know they don't have an official cause, but theres like a 85% chance it was an overdose, knowing him.

shit, and he didn't even get a chance to live through another 4/20 =[

Grrr...

They're one of my favorite bands. Too bad they turned dysfunctional in late 1996 and haven't put out anything since.

Still, they were one of the best bands I've ever heard, and even 10 years after "Rooster" came out, I still never get tired of it.

the_Danarchist said:

I know they don't have an official cause, but theres like a 85% chance it was an overdose, knowing him.

Ok, lets bet on this!

Odds are

85% = O.D.
5% = murder
5% = suicide
4% = fell down the stairs while stoned off his gourd
1% = AIDS from a groupie finally did him in

It's hellbent, he fed him too many of his paint chips. Proof? Why ofcourse:

OrioN X NaVaS: you killed Layne Stayle
OrioN X NaVaS: admit it
Chesterules: /me hangs head
Chesterules: he was making too much noise.
Chesterules: I dind't like hearing is stuff on the radio
OrioN X NaVaS: so you killed him
OrioN X NaVaS: you fed him too much of your paint chips
OrioN X NaVaS: he died
OrioN X NaVaS: you left him there

bigbadgangsta said:

Ok, lets bet on this!

Odds are

85% = O.D.
5% = murder
5% = suicide
4% = fell down the stairs while stoned off his gourd
1% = AIDS from a groupie finally did him in

"It was natural or an overdose - that's the way it was determined by our investigators," said Seattle Police spokesman Duane Fish.Altho nwcn saysPolice were called to Staley’s University District apartment Friday afternoon in the heart of the University District. Inside they found a body, apparently dead for several days. Medical examiners confirmed on Saturday that 34-year-old Staley had died of a heroin overdose.

I was really hoping Staley would pull it together, he was really talented. That's really too bad he threw his life away like that.

The video for Get Born Again is great, too bad no one ever plays it.

I don't know, not like they were an active band lately anyway. Sure I'll miss the chance of them putting out a new cd, but doubt that would have happened anyway.

fodders said:

"It was natural or an overdose - that's the way it was determined by our investigators," said Seattle Police spokesman Duane Fish.Altho nwcn saysPolice were called to Staley’s University District apartment Friday afternoon in the heart of the University District. Inside they found a body, apparently dead for several days. Medical examiners confirmed on Saturday that 34-year-old Staley had died of a heroin overdose.

Yay I win. Now pay up.

Hmmm...University District. I thought the entire band lived in my county. Oh well.