Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbio Warfare11

Doom 3 levels for doom2

I was wondering if anybody here could tell me if there are any wads out there that have doom3 style levels for doom2. besides LOS. I would like to know cause i recently got the doom 3 weapons mod for doom/doom2 and would like some levels to go with it.

Dunno about that but a reimagination of Doom 3 in Doom 1 would be an interesting project.

There's a mod somewhere that literally looks exactly like Doom 3, engine and all that runs on the Doom engine. I forgot what it's called but there's some videos of it on youtube.

Ive seen about 3 or 4 youtube videos on it. And i did try spawn. it was pretty damn good. but i want something like a replica. On youtube there is videos for alpha labs but the link sends me to a place that claims its there but its not -_- Ive also seen that one doom3 project for gzdoom it has 3d models of the enemies from doom3 and of course the weapons and sounds but i think the project might have been cancled cause the guy working on it stopped at alpha labs or something like that and that was back in 2008 :(

is called revenge of evil, is my megawad project for gzdoom, but is paused becuase i need to finnish first other projects.

No, no, you guys got it wrong. While I think those mods are really cool, I was referring to a reimagination of Doom 3 in the Doom 1 engine using ONLY stock resources(wthout zdoom features if possible). If some things are too complicated to represent in Doom 1, we make them more abstract.

EDIT: I was also wondering whether a Doom 3 texture pack for Doom 1 exists. I know there are some straight "ports" of the textures but they look really out of place when put near classic textures.

DooM_RO said:

No, no, you guys got it wrong. While I think those mods are really cool, I was referring to a reimagination of Doom 3 in the Doom 1 engine using ONLY stock resources(wthout zdoom features if possible). If some things are too complicated to represent in Doom 1, we make them more abstract.

I've thought of the same thing myself for a while. I've only beat Doom 3 once, but from what I remember of the levels, most of them wouldn't go over very well to classic Doom format. ZDoom would be mandatory to mimic the scripted events in numerous levels, not to mention the absence of light throughout much of the game.

Even without considering the technical implications, Doom 3 levels remade in the style of its predecessor would be quite boring IMO. Without all the fancy graphics, many levels would be indistinguishable from one another. The differing aspects of monsters in both games could further deface whatever gameplay value there might be.

Aldaraia said:

Doom 3 levels remade in the style of its predecessor would be quite boring IMO.

Seconded. Boring would be an understatement. If you want a fun levelset that uses stock textures, try Espi's Back to Basics, and then pretend it's DOOM 3.

DooM_RO said:

EDIT: I was also wondering whether a Doom 3 texture pack for Doom 1 exists. I know there are some straight "ports" of the textures but they look really out of place when put near classic textures.

well if i remember exist a wad called ultimate doom 3 is a old wad created by deimos anomaly and have some levels of doom3 using the classic textures, and some news, the level is very similar to "caverns"

Although it isn't much, Threshold of Pain by Scalliano does have a few parts that were quite reminiscent of the Hell from Doom 3.

doomero-21 said:

is called revenge of evil, is my megawad project for gzdoom, but is paused becuase i need to finnish first other projects.

That looks pretty neat. How far has this project progressed?

Also, where did you get the textures and resources?

hardcore_gamer said:

That looks pretty neat. How far has this project progressed?

Also, where did you get the textures and resources?

only i have 2 maps (mars city and administration) and about resources and textures was ripped by me (using f12 screenshot buttom from the doom 3 command control)

Aldaraia said:

Although it isn't much, Threshold of Pain by Scalliano does have a few parts that were quite reminiscent of the Hell from Doom 3.

His newest WAD (forgot the name) is also very similar to doom 3 and not just becuase of some monsters.

When I said a reimagination of the levels, I wasn't referring to a 1:1 copy of doom 3 on the doom 1 engine with but a REIMAGINATION of the levels, just like Doom 3 did with the Central Prossessing level( which is a remake of the same doom 1 map, you can see what I'm talking about here http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-3-general/59363-best-level-in-doom-3/ )

In short, it would be cool if there was a WAD where we pretend that the doom 3 levels were actually part of the original doom in 1993... in fact I might just do that after I refine my mapping skills some more.

Doomero-21 that looks pretty neat. Great texture work. Very linear areas, but Doom 3 was all about the linear.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we all play classic doom because we're NOT playing doom 3; because we don't like doom 3; because we like classic doom. I think another big part of why we all play classic doom is because of what we REMEMBER from it; so, why would we want to change that by making levels look like doom3? That's just stupid.

Katamori said:

Legacy of Suffering has very very similar style to Doom 3.

The OP did say "besides LOS".

I just dont see why you would do this. You have it all backwards. You don't take levels from a newer game and put it into an older game. You take levels from an older game and put it into a newer game.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Doomero-21 that looks pretty neat. Great texture work. Very linear areas, but Doom 3 was all about the linear.

actualy revenge of evil will not 100% a doom3 tc, as you said, doom3 was very linear i have plans to add new maps with the classic style: laberints, traps, alternative exits, etc.