Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elic

Urban Fire (Boom Compatible)

Urban Fire is a new Boom compatible single player map by me. It's based my 32in24-11 map (New York '77), which I converted to single player for CC4. It didn't make it onto the final map list (which I expected), but the deadline motivated me to work quickly on it.

It's a small map, but also very violent. I added difficulty settings, so if it's too hard you know what to do...

Also, does anyone know an easy way to delete all the unused textures? The file is much bigger than it should because I added in all the textures form CC4_tex, and I'm not going to waste my time going through them one by one to see which ones I can delete.

was recording an fda, but I died after the blue switch released AVs everywhere -.-. could've played with saves / lower difficulty, but that's always less fun.

anyways, interesting map. cool music, and diggin some of the non-orthogonal buildings

Just played through it. Pretty fun map with a neat layout, though missing that rocket launcher early on was a harsh mistake for me (I ran out of ammo with the other weapons pretty quickly). You also happened to choose one of my favorite songs from duke3d.

Processingcontrol said:

added difficulty settings, so if it's too hard you know what to do...
Also, does anyone know an easy way to delete all the unused textures? The file is much bigger than it should because I added in all the textures form CC4_tex, and I'm not going to waste my time going through them one by one to see which ones I can delete.

I would recommend that you remove all cc4 resources from the map, and just make a note in an accompanied text file to run the map with cc4-tex.wad.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't want to not include the resources. It's a major inconvenience for me whenever wads make me do that, and I don't want force whoever plays this to do that as well.

Quite enjoyable.

Some minor things I noticed.

1. Remove the MP and COOP flags from T366 - candle.

2. Wrong Y offset for lower of line 929.

3. Maybe a physical barrier - maybe a gray tree or stalagmite - at sector 196 instead of blocking line 53.

UPDATE ... There is a Risen3D issue with the floor of sector 450. Easily fixed however by just giving line 1551 the linetype/action 242 - fake ceiling and floor and giving it the tag number 6. ( a boom pwad after all ;) )

EDIT ... @Processingcontrol ... Please see PM

Thanks for finding those bugs, hawkwind.

Uploading to idgames now...