Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Whoa, Thresh gets in touch with Counter-Strike

According to 4-19-02 Theforumz.com's news

Thresh's 'Counter-Strike' Tips
Gutspiller Fri 19 Apr 2002, 11:44 AM - 1 Comment (Last Poster dzjepp)

Do not overlook the effectiveness of pistols in the latter rounds of a game. Aside from the Deagle, pistols are the weakest weapons in the game, but their versatility, general accuracy, and the increased mobility they allow make them deadly weapons even against heavily armed opponents.

Allow me to explain. I'm not suggesting you take on a fully armored, AK-47-wielding opponent with simply a USP. What can be effective, however, is switching to a pistol if you find yourself in a close-to-mid-range rifle battle.

Say you've both taken damage from the rifles, but due to the inaccuracy of the rifles while moving, neither of you can finish the other off. This is a good time to whip out the pistol. Use the ability to shoot accurately while jumping/strafing to finish off your opponent. Meanwhile, he's sitting there crouched, trying to reduce the recoil of his rifle.

Common knowledge to hardcore players, Mr. Fong loses his touch

CS...
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3381119,00.html

Thresh is a twink and I hate CounterStrike.

/me goes away

Tresh's Firingsquad.com has been just as nuts about Counter-Strike as the rest of the homosexual community in the past few years. Nothing new.

I tried counterstrike a few years back. Honestly the people I played with were pretty nice with the fact I was a newbie. I didn't like the game itself, slow moving, and I kept getting shot in the damn head. Maybe I just didn't have the month to give untill I actually got good at it. Oh well, Doom DM is still the funnest thing I've played. Although I don't DM anymore, why? I don't know.

If there's one thing I like more about the half life community over this one is that most of them take the time to make their project/mod/clan web site look pretty damn well. Other then that they're over populated for my likings.

I played Counter-Strike a LOT back in the days of Beta 3 and Beta 4, before the entire idiotic world started playing it. Call me an elitist or whatever, but I don't want to play with your average waste of oxygen, which is why I don't play any multiplayer games anymore.

Linguica said:

I don't want to play with your average waste of oxygen

Yet you administrate a whole site for it.

Lament said:

Yet you administrate a whole site for it.

I run a site about Doom, not a site about Doom DM.

if you want to be technical DMing is a part of DOOM, and DW is about DOOM to it's fullest. Then again, who am I to judge this site, I only visit the forums and haven't read the news in a long time. (browsed into the news forum by mistake)

There are a lot of good, underappreciated HL mods out there. Open-Source Jailbreak, anyone?

the OF last boss was the gey. It was big, fat, and had a vagina with a ball spark thing in it.

orion said:

the OF last boss was the gey. It was big, fat, and had a vagina with a ball spark thing in it.

Kat must've loved it :)

*sigh*

As soon as i saw a reference to a popular non-doom game, i knew that at lest half of the replies would be "I hate it!". I mean, i know this is a doom site and all, but EVERY TIME It really starts to get old... I will admit that I personally think it's a bit overrated, but geez, I rather play it over the vanilla doom.exe deathmatch any day.

also, I half agree with ling in regards to when a game becomes too popular. I sometimes wish there was a "set chat 0" command in the quake consol. One of the resions i come here is it's a nice(ish), small like-minded community.

Espi said:

I'll be playing this when the new beta is out.

Sweet...its like Fallout deathmatch!

Ct_red_pants said:

*sigh*

As soon as i saw a reference to a popular non-doom game, i knew that at lest half of the replies would be "I hate it!". I mean, i know this is a doom site and all, but EVERY TIME It really starts to get old...

You're wrong. See, half of the people like Quake3 and hate UT. Another half likes UT and hates Quake3. But just about anyone hates CS.

Maybe there's a reason? o_O

No need to go sarcastic all over the place. Not all doomers dislike CS, that was the point. Well, I might be the only doomer to like it, but anyway... :P

Espi said:

No need to go sarcastic all over the place. Not all doomers dislike CS, that was the point. Well, I might be the only doomer to like it, but anyway... :P

Actually that wasn't sarcasm.

bigbadgangsta said:

Actually that wasn't sarcasm.

but that was.