Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

DTH: The 5 Worlds - Beta Released / Feedback Appreciated!

Beta Download (with the first 8 levels! - should run fine in zdoom or gzdoom): http://www.mediafire.com/?yig7bn7xowoq2r0

Jumping and crouching are allowed and will be necessary for some levels (and secrets)

Discovering the hell: The 5 worlds is the sequel to my previous wad (DTH: The Invasion - http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16837 ) and will be bigger containing some new features.

There will be 20 levels with 5 general themes, containing 3 new weapons, some new monsters (according to the theme) and powerups. The level design is similar to the previous project, with simple detail, not many monster but stronger and more strategic battles. Here's the current progress:

Devastated Land

1 - Underworld Libabry (100%)
2 - Umbral Outpost (100%)
3 - Artifact House (100%)
4 - Pain Tower (100%)
5 - Fabio, 914 Imp's Killer (100%)

Frozen Hell

6 - Frozen World (100%)
7 - Abandoned Outpost (100%)
8 - Mining Center (100%)
9 - Pyro's Coliseums (100%)
10 - Pyro, Demon's Pulverizer (90%)

Imp World

11 - Wild Imp Forest (100%)
12 - Temple of Dead God Visitors (100%)
13 - Sacred Lake (85%)
14 - Imp Hunter, The Dimension Ruler (90%)

Space distortion

15 - Space Deformation (100%)
16 - Outerspace Garden (90%)
17 - Military Fortress (0%)
18 - Daniel, The Dimension Killer (100%)

Between the Worlds

19 - Between The Four Dimensions (80%)
20 - Hell Dimensions Manipulator (0%)

Some shots:

I will post a demo soon :D

Some nice, original themes here. I like your simplistic style, looking forward to this. Will there be new music? I really like what you composed for "The Invasion".

Screens look awesome!

Will the monsters still be obscenely fast here too, though?

I'll be keeping an eye on this :)

walter confalonieri said:

looks interesting....

Thanks!

Memfis said:

Some nice, original themes here. I like your simplistic style, looking forward to this. Will there be new music? I really like what you composed for "The Invasion".

There will be some new music, although I think will use some older ones too. (but not all of them, of course). Should be 9 tracks in total, since mp3 files are a bit heavy :P

Thanks Memfis!

Ven said:

Screens look awesome!

Will the monsters still be obscenely fast here too, though?

I'll be keeping an eye on this :)

The monsters will follow the style from The Invasion :D

Here's the beta version of the wad with the 8 first levels:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yig7bn7xowoq2r0

Should run fine on zdoom or gzdoom. Hope you guys like it! If you find some unbalancing (monsters placement, ammo and health), i'd love to know =D

The music are only placeholder, so will probably be changed on the finel version.

Hey Deadwing would you mind if I do a Blind walktrough of the Beta on Youtube?
Please answer ASAP I want to play it :D

Excellent first level, difficulty was perfect for a first level. Finding the first key for the second was a little difficult though. Imo the first level should never need a key to exit, the second should only need one key... kinda like episode 1 or doom.

omegamer said:

Hey Deadwing would you mind if I do a Blind walktrough of the Beta on Youtube?
Please answer ASAP I want to play it :D

I'd love to see the walkthrough!
The first and second level videos were awesome!
Something that i forgot to tell and will be necessary is jumping and crouching (for some secrets too). With this, you wouldn't lose much time on the little acid spot on the second level. D=

invictius said:

Excellent first level, difficulty was perfect for a first level. Finding the first key for the second was a little difficult though. Imo the first level should never need a key to exit, the second should only need one key... kinda like episode 1 or doom.

Thanks!
I tried to make the first level very simple, even with the little key hunting. IMO, i don't mind a key in the first level, long as it is very simple (like the TNT first level)

Sorry, I don't think I'll we continuing this anymore. Almost all levels are done though, except the final boss and the music. If you wan't me to post the last version let me know :p

Yes, Please upload the lastest version so that I can download it. I am just going to use some music replacement pwad so that I do not need to listen to stock doom 2 music.. and no boss battle is ok with me.. I will drop some realm667 monster depositary boss in last playable map, just for fun.

The music is nice, but it is a bit to hard and unbalanced seeing that there is no shotgun in the first level and very few health and armor powerups. I like the new weapon sprites but please put a ammo picture next to ammo in 2nd to largest HUD. All weapons work against imp and zombieman. I have not tested all maps yet only map01,2 and a bit of three. I will ttest more soon when I get more time. I think a new hud like Project MSX's would be nice.