Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure its possible to do a glide in through those kind of bars even if the distance between them is less than 32 units.

odysseyofnoises said:

In doom2 map21 its like 24 units I think...

You're probably wrong:

As you see, it's 33 units, but I may be wrong, too.

Yeah i knew it was definitely not 24 units, but anywho we're getting kinda carried away with the whole "glides" discussion here. Let's talk prcp shall we?

I seem to be getting some EOF error..? Odd, but also has it been assured that this is the optimal route? This is one of those maps that in the time I played through it, I really didn't enjoy it enough to look for a speedrun route.

Everything works...
I played it with prboom-pus (not glboom, it doesn't work for me properly) 2.5.1.4 test. Don't know what the hell is it.

Here's a fixed version of clumsydoomer's demo. There's some bug with a demo footer in that version maybe, or he's just using xdre without removing a footer beforehand (it's in the end of the demo and shows up like various MF89 SL105 trash). Dre is known to not like it. I deleted the footer now in xdre, then re-added it afterwards using glboom.

Nice info about map21 and a setup, hehe :) need to test imp wobble and fenceglide now. First one should be possible, latter one is probably not possible/not useful.
EDIT: fence doesn't work and sucks anyway, so screw it.

pv25-059_glide_fix.zip

ClumsyDoomer said:

As you see, it's 33 units, but I may be wrong, too.

keep in mind that you're counting a diagonal... and the doomguy himself is a 32x32 box, so the maths for this glide work a little different. :)

Yeah dew, did i nail it or is the route a bit off? Double-checking because you warned me about this map. Thanks in advance :)
Also i still can't get imp-wobble to work, have to calculate if it's possible at all without a rl (rl is out of question though, takes 4secs to pick it up in map24).

yeah, it should be fine, i'm not aware of any further shortcuts. some of those monsters can be manipulated into letting you pass seamlessly, of course. :)

Are you sure this wobble is possible? I've been trying for a while, and i've gotten bumfuck nowhere.

Nope, not sure at all, i should've properly tested it by now, but was slacking off playing skulltag for hours :x I'll do it tomorrow if no one does before that.

I am actually just gonna say its not possible. The highest constant speed i reached was around 23.5 distance and i don't think i was anywhere close to grabbing the key. Maybe dew managed to get it somehow, but for now im gonna say it's impossible.

no, i don't think it's possible to get the key from the left side.

~1 tic too much in the air, heh :/ Looks like taking rl+mega in map24 would've been a little bit faster, not sure if it'd save 1sec though.

Your not so far behind. Im stuck at a bunch of spiders, so i won't be going anywhere for a while.

They were probably put there intentionally to annoy the hell out of everyone who sets a goal to optimize things. Same as map12 chaingunners rape + spider mastermind + chaingunners distracting a vile + shotgun guy blocking way while you're doing a very precise vile jump. Or map24 imp right after the tele and the next one. Zis wad iz evul.
EDIT: fixed map11 to map12:p

We're sitting at arachs with Hock for a few days already. Probably plasmaing one of them is fast enough. You also can try to manipulate both of them to move in opposite directions, but good luck doing it fast enough. Even worse is to glide between one arach and the corresponding wall, make him move a bit forward while you're doing it, then go behind him.
Or we're all just missing something here.

jongo said:

Or we're all just missing something here.

nope.

jongo said:

Zis wad iz evul.

yup.

although my playtesting for that particular situation was just "possible to pacifist if mancos kill one spider." :)

Gliding doesnt work Lol. Well atleast in the situation i tried it. I got XXXX.999969, and could go no further.