Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Steam Summer Sales

Who else is going nuts trying to figure out what do download? So far I've got:

Medival II: Total War
Max Payne 2
Mount and Blade

I've got $20 Steam credit left, and I'm stumped as for what to buy next. The main problem is my laptop is on the low-end, so I'm trying to find low-spec games that'll run OK.

I've bought way too much considering I might not even end up playing some of these games :P

The list so far:
Alice: Madness Returns
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Bejeweled 3
Chantelise
Dear Esther
FEAR Pack
LA Noire
Killing Floor
Legend of Grimrock
Metro 2033
Orcs Must Die!
Plants vs Zombies
STALKER Call of Pripyat
Unreal Pack
Ys Origin

So far LA Noire is the only thing that appeals to me. But since I haven't even been able to play the copy of GTA 4 that I bought 2 years ago. I'll pass.

I haven't even played all of my Steam Games. Like the Batman games, Dead Space games and The GTA games. TF2 rules them all.

So far got the

Half-Life Complete Pack
Binding of Issac
Left for Dead 2 (As a gift, but close enough)

and it was then a toss up between Alan Wake CE or gifting the Max Payne bundle to a friend. In the end I went with Alan Wake.

Shogun 2: Total War... that's about it. May grab something else should the right price show up (I hear I missed Bastion for uber-cheap, ho hum)

I was possibly thinking about getting all the Stalker games, heard they are all very good, but very buggy. Can get all 3 for like $8 though.

And holy shit, if you've never played total war or just always wanted to try it out, you can get everything released from rome to napolean for $12. That is a HELL of a deal.

I just bought Fall Out 3 Game of the year edition for $5. Never played it, but that's the right price. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion before I realized its all the same.

Teraria :-( hated that game. But I know the maker from his work on SMBX. That's a much better game for free.

Quast said:

I was possibly thinking about getting all the Stalker games, heard they are all very good, but very buggy. Can get all 3 for like $8 though.

I'm playing the first one now and with the latest patch the only bug I'm noticing is that sometimes the optional quests that you can take over and over again to raise money fail to spawn the targets I'm supposed to kill. Failing such missions doesn't count against you in any way though.

Clear Sky was buggy as hell when it came out, hopefully they patched it up as well.

Belial said:

I'm playing the first one now and with the latest patch the only bug I'm noticing is that sometimes the optional quests that you can take over and over again to raise money fail to spawn the targets I'm supposed to kill. Failing such missions doesn't count against you in any way though.

Clear Sky was buggy as hell when it came out, hopefully they patched it up as well.

Even with the latest patch and using Clear Sky Complete I was plagued with CtD's, bugs, glitches, and the like. From what I've heard Clear Sky is the most buggy of the three. I'll probably play the STALKER games again in the future, but I'll skip Clear Sky and just focus on SoC and CoP.

As far as Steam Summer Sales go, I actually haven't bought anything. I already have what I wanted prior to the sales. A friend gifted me L4D2, so I'm gonna give that a spin, and I'll probably gift him UT2004 tomorrow so him and me can play against one another like we did in college.

Yeah the complete mods for both SoC and CoP really are recommended imo, not only do they make the game look so much better but enhance everything else as well that i can't play them without the mods anymore.

SoC Complete: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
CoP Complete: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete

As for the summer sales i'll probably end up getting:
Mafia 2
Deus Ex 3
Metro 2033
Broken Sword: Directors Cut

vinnie245: Well, I'll definitely be getting the Complete mods then, but what about this Oblivion Lost thingy I keep hearing about?

And one other thing, that trick that people use to be friends with both Duty and Freedom doesn't seem to work for me with 1.0006. I kill the sniper, talk to Skull, run to Lukash and Max, talk to them, Duty attacks and gets slaughtered without me firing a shot but regardless of what I do the quest doesn't progress and Max says we'll talk after the fight. The quest marker is centered on Skull's corpse and nothing happens. I'm failing something or did they fix that exploit?

I haven't encountered any quest bugs so far with the complete mod so i'm sure it's fixed.
Oblivion Lost alters the gameplay way too much for my taste and makes an already hard game even harder, complete is much more subtle with it's gameplay changes and instead focuses more on the video and audio presentation.

geo said:

I just bought Fall Out 3 Game of the year edition for $5. Never played it, but that's the right price. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion before I realized its all the same.

Supprise: Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns. The only thing Bethesda does is releasing the same game over and over again in a new world. That's cool assuming you're happy with it, but really, Bethesda must be the laziest big name developer out there (which is a pity, because with a little more effort their games could be stellar rather than "just ok").

Jodwin said:

Supprise: Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.

So what does this make Rage? :-p

Maes said:

Oblivion with guns with cars, of course.

Also, Skyrim is Oblivion with guns without guns.

Maes said:

That makes Rage a game not created by Bethesda. Your point, besides proving yourself an idiot, is?

They are still its publishers, and the similarities are not very flattering. If it was a totally unrelated game published by a totally unrelated publishers, you might have a point. Maybe.

Spoiler

GO JODWIN GO! WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED

Maes said:

They are still its publishers, and the similarities are not very flattering. If it was a totally unrelated game published by a totally unrelated publishers, you might have a point. Maybe.

Quake 4 was published by Bethesda. By your logic it would be Oblivion with Stroggs (hint: it isn't).

Edit: Also, Rage was long in development before id went into Bethesda. löl.

Jodwin said:

Quake 4 was published by Bethesda. By your logic it would be Oblivion with Stroggs

No no ur wrong Jodwin, l0l. It would be Rage 3 with Stroggs.

Jodwin said:

By your logic it would be Oblivion with Stroggs (hint: it isn't)

Well of course not. It is Oblivion with guns with Stroggs.

Jodwin said:

Supprise: Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns. The only thing Bethesda does is releasing the same game over and over again in a new world. That's cool assuming you're happy with it, but really, Bethesda must be the laziest big name developer out there (which is a pity, because with a little more effort their games could be stellar rather than "just ok").

It's true. Fallout 3 really is just Oblivion with guns, and a completely different setting, different characters, a completely different skill system, and different gameplay elements like the VATS system, limb damage, radiation, perks, and weapon crafting.

Well, not surprised to see L.A. Noire snapped up by a few. For a cheeky fiver, I also had to click purchase! Add to that:
Deus Ex pack (love first one, yet never played sequels);
Half-Life pack (never played either, omg i know!);
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - looks really cool, was £2.99.

My Steamy Steam if anybody fancies some gaming: Jam3volution

Oops, I accidentally 'Amnesia: The Dark Descent' as well...

I just bought myself the Mount and Blade collection (minus Mount and Blade itself, as I already had that), Morrowind, Oblivion (with DLC), and Trine. I may buy a few more before the sale is up, but I doubt it.

Craigs said:

It's true. Fallout 3 really is just Oblivion with guns, and a completely different setting, different characters, a completely different skill system, and different gameplay elements like the VATS system, limb damage, radiation, perks, and weapon crafting.

Let's not forget that Heretic is Doom with crossbows.