Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Police: Shooting at Colorado movie theater

MRB_Doom's title really ought to be changed to "Doomworld's resident informant of depressing news items".

Actually, he enjoys this kind of news. The guy did a big advertising of Batman, way to be part of the system.

DoomUK said:

MRB_Doom's title really ought to be changed to "Doomworld's resident informant of depressing news items".

MRB stands for "Morbid Reporting on Batman".

I'm shocked CNN is using wordpress to report the news. Its all about hits and wordpress gets a lot of search results.

Super-stoked to see this get twisted into a major political issue over the next 4 months. Aurora's going to be identified by this mess and that's a goddamn shame.

Obama pulled attack campaign ads. The suspect is 24 and a Ph.d. student in neuroscience and has his apartment booby trapped... most likely to make his criminal plans to burn in flames so no one knew this was just the start....

I hope the fucker that did this gets to rot in jail for the rest of his life.

One of Maes more retarded days it seems.

Anyway, this is absolutely horrible. It's pretty much why I don't watch the news much anymore; while it still goes on and I acknowledge that in the back of my head, what's out of sight is out of mind.

A lot of superhero origin stories being made today. Forget prison, this guy might want to try and stay in where the 50+ pissed off vigilantes can't get him.

exl said:

I hope he gets tortured and put to death so tax-payers don't have to pay for him to be fed and sheltered in a prison for 50+ years.

I heard of this not too long ago, and I think it's terrible. May the victims of the killer rest in peace. The suspected perpetrator is James Holmes but we can't be too sure.

exl said:

Me too, and I'm not sure why he did it.

Vordakk said:

I hope he gets tortured and put to death so tax-payers don't have to pay for him to be fed and sheltered in a prison for 50+ years.

Death penalty still costs more to taxpayers than life in prison. But you don't care about that anyway. Not to mention that the tax burden of a single inmate is almost meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Please.

Quast said:

Death penalty still costs more to taxpayers than life in prison...

...in our current system, perhaps. But it certainly doesn't have to, and shouldn't, cost more to kill someone than to keep them alive. It's rigged that way on purpose so that bleeding hearts like you and the ACLU can feel morally superior when sane adults argue that indeed those who commit horrible crimes have in effect waived their own right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The death penalty, in addition to being just retribution, is a great deterrent of violent crime. Why do you think murderers always seek life imprisonment over death? They fear death, as do the vast majority of human beings.

Vordakk said:

Pretty much this. He doesn't deserve to live and get the chance to even be freed. I'm waiting til they say this is because of bullying or something stupid. Oh wait, they already blamed it on the Tea Party...

Just give him full Greek citizenship, he'll soon regret being alive. Or maybe he'll repeat the same stunt vs our politicians, which would be A Good Thing.

Having watched Wayne's World Double Feature this week, I thought they were taking about the same Aurora (however, Wayne's World takes place in Aurora, IL, not Aurora, CO).

Vordakk said:

The death penalty, in addition to being just retribution, is a great deterrent of violent crime.

It is not, actually. To the contrary, it incites those who have -- including accidentally -- crossed the threshold to be increasingly violent, since they don't have anything to lose so murdering thousands is better than getting caught.

The one thing that is a great deterrent to crime is a near-perfect crime resolution rate. If 100% of criminals are swiftly arrested and sent to jail for even just single year, you'll see crime rate drop a lot more than if you catch maybe 10% of criminals but send them to death immediately without a trial.

Proponents of the death penalty aren't interested in justice or the betterment of society; they are simply cowardly sadist who want to see people get killed because death excites them.

Gez said:

Proponents of the death penalty aren't interested in justice or the betterment of society; they are simply cowardly sadist who want to see people get killed because death excites them.

Depends on the circumstances and how it's implemented. The death penalty is very common in emergency situations, crises, war time etc. and usually associated with "summary justice". By shooting a looter, a robber, a rapist etc. on the spot the very least you can be sure that that particular looter/robber/rapist etc. won't loot/rob/rape/etc. anymore.

OTOH keeping one on death row for 30-odd years...in the end I doubt it would make much difference to the prisoner himself if it was a life sentence instead.

Aliotroph? said:

That's not even the only one. There's also Xtheater III (txt file) made by Deep.

Oh, then there's the first level of DN3D... :D

Don't forget map2 of TVR! where you gun down dozens of former humans and former sergeants in a movie theater. Now that I think of it, there's quite a few doom maps that take place in movie theaters.

Deep down, are we all the same as our shooter here?

Craigs said:

Deep down, are we all the same as our shooter here?

I would hope we would have sense enough and enough morals to NOT go and kill people. I think there's a difference between shooting mindless zombie clones possessed by demonic forces and shooting real life human beings.