Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

lol glide, nice. But what is this rocketboost for?
Also, i think the route for map26 should be the same as in Memfis' uv-speed demo @ dsda, apart from start - there is no need to go for the button. You just need an av jump over the bar that gets lowered by that button. It's clustered with revs, but they are rocketable. Lazy to draw a picture atm, intense skulltag session is going on **
And in the end it's quicker to do a glide + av jump instead of two av jumps of course.

The route for map 27 is pretty easy. Just grab blue key and glide to exit.

Why no glide at 10th second, instead of pressing a button?
EDIT: also, here's my attempt on a route for map28, damn it's long. You can rj off a cyber in yellow key room without nomonsters to prevent going full circle again. Not sure if rocketjumping out of the same hole through which you entered the room is possible, it would be a little bit faster.

i repeat the circle after taking a yellow key. You can rj almost to the end of circle from him. I tried, it works.

I haven't been doing anything doom related for a good while now, and im going to be gone for an additional 2-3 days. If i had some time id of checked for the route a bit

there's no big trick on map29 i'm aware of. you can save time in small doses all around though... we theoretized about some tricks with mek, but to put it all into one run seemed too hard without TASing. and the biggest task will be ordering the route right. :) it might be possible to get creative with archviles if you lead them to the right places.

map29 is a sandbox, so i didn't want to force mek into some clear inyoface uv-speed route. even the speedrun is a sandbox and my test runs were always just my interpretation, so there is NO optimal route. gotta plan what you need to make it through and how it correlates with the shortest key collecting nomo route. :)

Tomorrow is my first day of school (wish me luck...). I will get to recording prcp map29 as soon as I can though, it is at the top of my "things to record" list :p

odysseyofnoises said:

Tomorrow is my first day of school (wish me luck...)

Good luck. But why the hell tomorrow?
Edit: Oh, it's actually today o_o.

alright now i have a route figured out for map29. I found that i might be able to do a linedef skip to prevent the columns from rising near the blue switch, but i have not had any success with it yet, BUT i did do it once when i was playing in nontas... so is this skip possible or just a one in several million thing?

MAP29 is finally finished! every single part of this map was done by me, including the planning, and the glide. this map is collosal and took over 100 segments to complete, roughly the same number that is used for some plutonia maps in uv-max, thats just how difficult it was to make this...

prcp[29].zip

impressive, i like the 1% finish. don't you feel stronger now that you've tackled this giant alone?