Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eregore

How do I take, and then post a screen shot? SOLVED!

How do I take, and then post a screen shot? I looked in the FAQ but didn't find anything on it.

I've got some levels that are nearly ready for testing, and I want to post some pics so people will know I'm for realz.

Depends on what Doom engine/port you're using. If it's vanilla doom.exe or chocolate-doom, you have to start the game with -devparm option, and then you can take screenshots by hitting F1 (without -devparm, that just brings up the help screen). In prboom, I think the default screenshot key is * but it's configurable. Other ports might work differently, so check their documentation.

Posting is just a matter of uploading the image to a hosting site (like photobucket, etc.) and then pasting the link they give you in your message.

I'm using Zdoom and GZdoom. I tried testing my WAD with vanilla (Doom95) but got a missing switch texture error. The texture I believe might only be Zdoom compatible, but im not sure.

Eregore said:

How do I take, and then post a screen shot?

Eregore said:

I'm using Zdoom and GZdoom.

In the ini file you can specify which key should bind to screenshot and where the screenshot is saved, for example:

[GlobalSettings]
screenshot_dir=Drive_Letter:\Screenshots

[Doom.Bindings]
sysrq=screenshot

If you are running in windowed mode, you can use the Windows default key or a separate app.
Some apps even sit in the background to take screenshots when running the game full screen.

I use imageshack to host my pics. Screenshot button or whatever is used for you source port. Convert to jpg in Photoshop or Paint.

Looks interesting. If you don't want your hand or weapons to be visible in screenshots, open the console and type r_drawplayersprites 0.

The only thing I use is the 'Print Scr/Sys Rq' button.
Then paste it into Paint.

Where are files saved in devparm mode and what are their filenames? I can't find them anywhere.

They're normally saved to the source port's folder in .pcx format. You'll probably need a graphics utility (like IrfanView) to convert them to one of the more common image formats.