Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omegamer

My 4th or 5th Doom2 map - Feedback appreciated !

Hey guys, I just completed my 4th or 5th Doom 2 map.
I started doing it out of boredom.
Its for Doom2.wad MAP02 and should (!!) be vanilla compatible.

Should be easily visible that I got some inspiration of the original MAP02 ;)
Please give me some feedback on it since I'm not the best mapper!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zbwkz0u6p7kl4hh

omegamer said:

and should (!!) be vanilla compatible

It is not, at least because you made a SR action door with zero tag. In vanilla compatible ports this means that the action will apply to EVERY non-tagged sector.

Btw "Underhalls" is a very great map. It is so unique, there is nothing really like it.

omegamer said:

should (!!) be vanilla compatible.[/url]

Heh, meaning you didn't test it there right? :p It breaks on linedef 380 because you used a switch line action without using a tag. It's easiest to just use lineaction 117. Could possibly be others but I switched to zdoom at that point.

I don't recall playing any of your earlier works, but it's clear you're on your way. I liked the southernmost outdoor the best as it had some nice height variation and plenty of space (could have used another monster or two though :). A couple of things I noticed to improve flow would be to not be afraid to expand your halls and rooms to give the player more area to move around in, and most of your stairs were thin which gives players less control over their movement.

Keep working though, it'd be great to see some more maps from you. :) Perhaps a little less directly inspired. :P

Heh, meaning you didn't test it there right? :p

Yeah habe to get DOSBox on my Computer First :D
Anyway yeah I know Most areas are a Bit to small or tight and I will try to imnrove that :D

Keep working though, it'd be great to see some more maps from you. :) Perhaps a little less directly inspired. :P

Yeah of course :D I think Ill improve the map a bit and then I'll Start on a short MAP01 replacement just as short as the original.
Maybe sometime I will combine all my maps in a Megawad might be cool :D