Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I played up to the rocket jump pit and quit. But i gotta say this is a pretty neat wad you made. I liked the cacodemon staircase the most and that caused me alot of problems.

The rocket jump part just annoyed me and caused me to quit. But other than the annoying maps i give this a 4/5 rating.

Great idea and a lot of fun even though some of this stuff is a little beyond my capabilities. Love the training centre and some of the final exam maps are damn clever.

Reminds of old video games with stages, just in Doom instead...

Top stuff!

I found the cybie infighting the easiest, since I pretty much didn't have to move. The hardest one was...climbing the lava/slime stairs one. For some reason I kept dying...

Jeez, what is that, like 160 levels? Nice creative short maps.
I think you wanted a 'global' timer to start on map 1, then still be able to use that same timer on all later maps? Have you tried hub maps (I never have):
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Hub
Or maybe you could make them all 1 map and exiting one would warp to another. Not sure how a demo could work on a hub or if the timer would work. The question is whether acs variables (like a timer) have to be contained within one map or can be 'global' across multiple maps.
I didn't play all of them and don't really have time. The one in a square lava room required mouse aiming I think, probably intentional, just saying, and I'm not sure if the start training room works in zdoom 2.5.0 if its supposed to do anything.

Yeah, most of the maps are just for monster practice. First I made a text file with an idea for each map, then made the maps based on the idea. I asked on the zdoom forums about a timer but apparently a global timer wouldn't be any different than the total timer in zdoom 2.5.0 or higher with autosaves enabled? The time from failed attempts doesn't get added to the timer though, only the successful attempts. Dying + restarting screws everything up, even with hubs I think.

The square lava room, is that map147? Using the mouse shouldn't be a problem for you, after I saw that demo in dew's map thread. :)

I might make changes to the wad before uploading to /idgames, I dunno yet.

In 2.6.0, the only thing that happens in MAP01 is a revenant gets killed then is revived, this repeats forever.

127, doesn't matter, its zdoom so you're supposed to use auto aim sometimes I guess.
Also I was too 'tarded to remember that you can jump in zdoom so now the practice area works fine by jumping up on the ledge into the warps.
The re-dying revenant was obvious to be funny like the troopers are taking a class on how to kill revenants or something.

OMG PLAYTHROUGH VIDEO

Video of me completing the final exam while showing my hands and doing some commentary:

Part 1

Part 2

Lots of creative ideas. I like the one where you have to raise imps but not player1 dolls into a moving rocket.

You could use 'artificial selection'/evolution to select your favorite idea from these, then make a bigger/longer remake of that one (i think you said the one where you quickly shoot switches while jumping/running was your favorite so you could maybe make a whole map of that if you want, probably too hard for me though)