Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should be done with map10 either tomorrow or the 31st. Working on balancing and enemy placement.

Two more: 1 2

I still haven't decided on a name but I'm leaning towards "Iron Jungle".

Yeah I think I'm going to go with that name. I was hesitant at first but it's kind of grown on me.

Razen said:

Yeah I think I'm going to go with that name. I was hesitant at first but it's kind of grown on me.

IT SHALL BE DONE!

On a different note, here are a few screens of MAP20:

http://matt534dog.webs.com/Screenshot_Doom_20120730_015800.png
http://matt534dog.webs.com/Screenshot_Doom_20120730_015813.png
http://matt534dog.webs.com/Screenshot_Doom_20120730_015818.png
http://matt534dog.webs.com/Screenshot_Doom_20120730_015824.png

Nice screens everyone. I'm still working on MAP27. I've got the level flow worked out and everything is basically mapped except the final area before the exit and I have ideas for this so it should not be a problem. I should be able to get a first draft uploaded within deadline but there's a couple of provisos:

1. It will be a provisional draft only and I'd like to continue working on thing placement, additional details and maybe add a couple more secrets during playtesting.

2. I will have limited access to the internet for around a week so it will be a pain to get it uploaded. I will try my best if I know I'm preventing the project from stalling but if it's likely the deadline will need to be extended for others I'd appreciate knowing early so I can delay uploading until my normal access is restored.

I don't know if Memfis has any name in mind but if not I'd like to call it Wrecking Fist. This 'Fist' part of the name is a play on a mix of our usernames. I also intend to end the level with a bezerk fight.

I'll probably finish Map28 tomorrow. I had to cut some areas that I planned to meet the deadline, but that's not such a big deal; it's already a huge map.

I've fully mapped out MAP27 now. Just need to add detail, adjust thing placement, fix a VPO and possibly add another secret.

Saturday should be do-able.

I'm finished

Map28 is done. I'm really happy at how it came out.

I changed the music to the midi from MM2 Map17. I think it fits the mood much better than the Requiem one.

Okay, finally finished my map. Took me a bit longer than I thought it would, I'm actually really lucky that Matt extended the deadline!

Also if you want me to test your map last minute, send it in. I'll see what I can do.

Finished / Submitted

Map Name: Blood Siege

Midi: None - Anyone have anything original ?

Sounds like all the maps are going in the megawad on time. Cool. I've not heard back about MAP12, though. Is that one almost finished?

@Pottus: XenoNemisis will come up with a track for it, since we're doing the whole OST thing.

@valkiriforce: Last time I heard from Marnetmar about MAP12, he said it would have to wait a bit, but that was a month ago.

If anyone wants to take over and speedmap MAP12 real quick, I'll send in what we have so far.

Thanks Matt, I've already gotten quite a bit done so far, as for being completed tomorrow it is possible however a lot of time needs to be spent testing for seg limits vpo so, I would ask at least for another couple of days past the 4'th to actually polish it properly.

Pottus said:

Thanks Matt, I've already gotten quite a bit done so far, as for being completed tomorrow it is possible however a lot of time needs to be spent testing for seg limits vpo so, I would ask at least for another couple of days past the 4'th to actually polish it properly.

10 LASHES. SPEEDMAP

I hope it will be beta, I want to make some minor improvements to MAP19. Also I want to thank purist for finishing my map, looking forward to playing it.

MAP27: Wrecking Fist by Memfis and me has been sent to Matt, playtesters and Memfis today. Here's some pics.

Map 12 submitted.

There is still quite a bit of game play tweaking to do on this map, since we'll be doing beta testing there will be time to finish off the skill levels and tweak other game play elements. As for the architecture which is complete apart from minor fixes that can be done during beta testing.