Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Building a 5:xx demo would be hell. It would take a long ass time, but you never know. I may get around to it.

Hock said:

Not as good as loopers, but whatever :).

Hell Revealed II Map01 Built Almost Max in 1:04 (Missed a pig)

Hmm, didn't you guys notice how slow hock shoots? I think I saw the same error with some of Andy O's TASes too. SSG is faster than that, just put FW 6 tics more early.

Why this shit keeps happening to me? Son of a bitch known as kaspersky anti-virus fucked up my dre again. Kimo's version (from tnt tas unfin thread) doesn't work either. Xdre was my only hope. It works. But now I've got another problem - hud. I don't know how to change it. In the game you can do it by pressing F5. Ofcourse it's impossible here, so I've opened PrB+.cfg and changed manually. That's exactly how I did it with my previous dre but now it didn't do jack shit. WHY?
P.S. Why [exit] command is missing?

I'm away from my computer so I don't know, though I'm pretty sure you should be able to change it in cfg. Exit command is not missing because it never was there. Sure I'll add it when I'm back.

Journey to Hell MAP 28 in 14:41. Very bad, unoptimized TAS but I was scared at first that this map was impossible without TAS. The second key door is hard by the actual route. So I tried without BFG which is why I glided in first eventually I couldn't do it without the BFG so I kept that part and grabbed the BFG and continued so the demo is horrible.

jth28t1441.zip

Cacatou said:

Journey to Hell MAP 26 UV-Speed in 13:18.

For a TAS demo the quality is pretty bad. It was funny though when you constantly fall asleep, like at 4:30. Also, the map is really f*cking huge!

I know, I commented that it wasn't good. My falling asleep is due to speeding up the demo, I did it without TAS only slightly slower. My reasons for TASing those two maps is to see if they were possible.

Doesn't it inspired you to do a good TAS demo, 'cos I'd like to see one? Em... I'm probably obsessed with tool-assisted demos too much.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Scythe map18 NoMo run in 0:03
built, cl 2

I'm impressed. Those glides are really nice.

I don't want to bump my thread so I came here to say that pl03 instant glide is pretty nice. I wonder if it matters what direction your gliding. I don't even remember all the combinations of glides and walless thingys and how they work on different directions D:

P.S. The word "impossible" pisses some of us off, please refrain using it :p

Oh it's very difficult to fully describe that glide in english because I'm russian... But all you need to do is to get perfect coordinates without touching the wall (being <1 unit away from it to be able to go through it in 1 tic). Xepop, try it, it was easy. :))
(at least, you can learn much more by exploring my demo in dre)
P.S.: I felt that a magic power is filling my veins. I feel I got a talent in gliding (also in kidding). I did kssht map01 UV-Speed in 0:05'7x. In 15 minutes.

Looper said:

Doom2 Map04 UV-Max

nice run, you mentioned you made some smooth turnes
thanks for that! in my eyes this makes the demo less chaotic and "better looking"

I may redo that map because I figured some improvements which will cut the run under 30s, I think.

Looper said:

I may redo that map because I figured some improvements which will cut the run under 30s, I think.

I can't wait for it!