Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Favorite color?

May seem like an odd question, but what is your favorite color? Mine's blue; always has been, since I was a wee stripling lad. I just always found it to be a calm, pacifying type color.

I appreciate all colors equally, where each color has a specific purpose and application. Therefore, I do not have a favorite.

My two favorite colors are Fuchsia and Cyan. For technical reasons. Fuchsia is a color that your brain "makes up". If the visible spectrum is wrapped to form a color wheel, it appears midway between red and violet. You "See" this color. But it's not exactly in the spectrum as its own color.

Cyan is another good one. it cannot be shown on the traditional RGB color space. there is a "cyan" but the cyan ink that is used in printing can't be recreated properly.

Digital cameras haven't been too good at emulating the eye ( http://gene.bio.jhu.edu/violet/violet.html ) so I think the next big thing will not be how many megapixels you can cram into a sensor, but how accurate they are.

Very much what EarthQuake said, although I always brim with admiration and posture when presented with the stately brown of an aristocratic/parliamentary interior.

Grazza said:

Blue. No, yellow.

Hah!

When I was a kid I always said green. Not sure why. It just occurred to me one day when I was four and my friend's dad asked the question. I also had a bit of an obsession with green cars. Not those pine-green things or whatever they make now, but all the weird shades of green cars that got left behind in the 70s.

Now I don't care much. Different colours work for different things. I like it when people paint the rooms of their houses in different colours. My desktop backgrounds have been #000080 since 1999.

When I'm feeling cheeky, which is almost always, I give answers like infrared or ultra-violet. When confronted about this I specify that I especially like the parts human eyes would be able to see if we didn't have obstacles like glare and eyeball lenses obscuring them.

When I was younger it was just blue and green, now it is blue, green, cyan, indigo and medium slate blue.

Red. All of my web avatars usually have red in them in some form or another.

When I was a kid I really liked red but now it's purple. I can't say I've ever had a bunch of things in my favorite color. I just like it and tend to appreciate all teh colors.

I would say blue, but if I'm being honest it's definitely cyan. I agree with what EarthQuake said though, because each color certainly does have its own applications, especially when it comes down to map-making for Doom (Oh DV, how thine opened mine eyes)

When I was a lad, a peer startled me with this question, and I blurted out 'blue,' because it seemed the least controversial. For years after that I maintained -- whenever asked -- that blue was my favourite colour.

I didn't reassess that choice until my twenties, when a girl I fancied asked me the same question. After some pondering, I realized that I preferred green.

Though context will alter that preference (e.g. wall, clothing, or car colour, etc.), on average, it's green.

True story, bro.

Orange. It's been my favorite color since I was probably about 12 or 13 when I had this really awesome orange pleather jacket that I wore to death. I was depressed when I found the original manufacturer wasn't around anymore; it was made by a subset of "Arizona Jeans" called "Zones," but they closed up shop because X-TREME wasn't the thing anymore. I miss the 90's.

But ever since that jacket, Orange has been my preferred color. I really like a good dark purple too. Dark red is nice too.

Nomad said:

Orange. It's been my favorite color since I was probably about 12 or 13 when I had this really awesome orange pleather jacket that I wore to death.

Perhaps related?

CODOR said:

Heh. Tried the illusion, and to me "bluish yellow" looks like a light lavender purple.

Maes said:

wow, that is a really nice color. I may have to change my favorite to this as well (although I promise not to start wearing the same clothes as you maes). I can still see the awesome neon blue when I look at the white ceiling.

Hellbent said:

although I promise not to start wearing the same clothes as you maes

Unless you DON'T buy your clothes only at bazaars and street corner markets for slavs and gypsies, that's pretty much inevitable :-p

Maes said:

Perhaps related?

[Michael Jackson vid]

Nah. It was more simple like this:

But orange. It was the best article of clothing that ever happened to me, until I got a pair of orange Chuck Taylors.