Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
senox13

Doom Builder walls appearing through floors

I've been making a level in doom builder 2 and if a few areas the walls are visible through the floors I've changed textures, removed lower textures, and checked for errors. nothing helped. has anyone else had this problem? please help!

By walls appearing through floors, I'm assuming you mean a mid texture bleeding into the floor? This is happening because the mid texture you're using is simply too big for the amount of space between the ceiling and the floor. You can fix this by either raising the height of the ceiling or putting the midtexture on the edge of a sector that has a higher floor height than the adjacent one, i.e. a ledge.

However, if that wasn't your problem: sorry bro i dunno!

Also, if it is the midtexture error, you can adjust the lighting on one side of the texture by +/- 1 (you can also lift/lower the floor on one side by one unit as well), which will nullify the bleeding problem. This is probably harder for the blind eye to notice than a tiny-little bump, so it's usually the technique I go with.

senox13 said:

.... and if a few areas the walls are visible through the floors .... please help!

And so you initiated the great guessing game.

There are numerous possibilities for this to happen. But without being able to inspect your map,
all we can do is to hazard a guess as to what went wrong.

Pavera said:

By walls appearing through floors, I'm assuming you mean a mid texture bleeding into the floor? This is happening because the mid texture you're using is simply too big for the amount of space between the ceiling and the floor. You can fix this by either raising the height of the ceiling or putting the midtexture on the edge of a sector that has a higher floor height than the adjacent one, i.e. a ledge.

Or changing the light level, even by 1 (which isn't visible ingame) if this is indeed the problem.

OP, pictures help more than you'd imagine. Your problem won't be unique and folk here will be able to help you when we recognise it.

I'd try changing the light level by 1 on one side of the mid texture, this is actually a pretty common error, also it appears in alot of pwads out there.