Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T-Rex

Other alternative names for the Demon?

Does anyone tend to call demons other names aside from "pinkies?" I tend to call them hellhounds, cause they growl as they roam around, bite you when they get close, and in a lot of cases, behave so much like the attack dogs of Wolfenstein 3D, and even the rottweiler of its successor Quake.

When I first started playing I thought that they were called hellhounds as well. For some reason I remember them being called that in game.

Up until the release of Doom 3 I always just called them Demons because thats what they were called in the Doom manuals. I'm pretty sure the only reason I started using the name "Pinky" even for classic Doom is because when I play co-op it is much more sensible to say "watch out for the pinkies" than "watch out for the demons."

I sometimes call them Pigs when playing co-op, because of their colour and the snorting sounds they make. And for the same reason Vulture noted.

I have mostly heard them called "bulls", "pigs", and "bulldog things", and have even been asked stuff like "Are those bulls, or pigs?"

I call them Demons, although the other creatures are also technically demons.

No Demons, you are the Demons.
And then the Demon was a Demon.

I have a buddy that always says sceptre instead of spectre. And spear instead of sphere. And he pronounces all manner of words incorrectly. On purpose.

My second cousin calls them ''suihinottajat'' which means cocksuckers in Finnish. ))

Nomad said:

Isn't "Bull Demon" the "traditional" name?

I always called them this. Why did they call it "Demon" ? Half of the monsters ARE demons!