Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Looking for a coder for one of two possible game projects.

So, Yeah I figured I would give this a stab now. I've got two possible game projects in mind that I want to do. I'll only do one of them though. But I figured I'd show them both in case one would be more interesting over the other for any prospective coder.

The first is actually already started a bit this last winter/spring with a friend who was supposed to do the coding but he never bothered to learn what he needed to do it.

Working name for this project is Cabal and it's a Action RTS game in the vein of Syndicate.
There's a decent length design document on this one that puts forth a bunch of ideas for how to make the game deep and challenging. In both single and multiplayer.
Engine planned: UDK
Some shots of a bit of what has been done so far.
http://www.doglike.org/indev/cabal%20agent1.png
http://www.doglike.org/indev/cabal%20hud1.png
http://www.doglike.org/indev/cabal_agent6.png
http://www.doglike.org/models/agent.png

This project would require the coder to work with UDK something that is supposedly rather well streamlined and there's lots of help to find as well as a lot of base to build off of. (there's even a base toolkit for making RTS games for it)

The second is a bit lower profile perhaps. But it's probably going to be more work (for me) in all honesty.
It's a project I've bneen wanting to do for a while though.
Initially, my plan is for it to be using the Wrack engine. Granted that the lack of Multiplayer is an issue for me, and I'm not very familiar with the editor yet so I dunno how much I will like working with it and it's possible Id Tech 3 or 4 will be a better engine for me to work with. But it's appears to be a pretty good engine with a fair bit of potential and would provide a good base for what I want to make for it.
What I would need here is the coder to make some rather basic things like program new shaders for normal maps and stuff like that.

The game is pretty much going to be a very agressive, adrenaline rushed action oriented Arcade FPS shooter.

kristus said:

The second is a bit lower profile perhaps. But it's probably going to be more work (for me) in all honesty.
It's a project I've bneen wanting to do for a while though.
Initially, my plan is for it to be using the Wrack engine. Granted that the lack of Multiplayer is an issue for me, and I'm not very familiar with the editor yet so I dunno how much I will like working with it. But it's appears to be a pretty good engine with a fair bit of potential and would provide a good base for what I want to make for it.
What I would need here is the coder to make some rather basic things like program new shaders for normal maps and stuff like that.

The game is pretty much going to be a very agressivem, adrenaline rushed action oriented Arcade FPS shooter.

I'd be more than happy to help out with that! I've seriously been itching for someone to make an awesome Wrack mod, and would be happy to support it in any way I can. If I have to make enhancements to the engine to support it, so be it! You can already do things like use your own custom shader, but I'll probably need to allow you to use a normal mapping texture to allow the shader to do its job.

Well, that sounds great. With a generous offer like that it really makes my choice easy. :)

With that in mind, I'll start with preproduction on that.

kristus said:

in the vein of Syndicate

You had me sold at that point. I loved Syndicate. The pics look cool too.

Looks like (for good reasons) you're going the other route though.

Well. Considering Carney's willing to help. Maybe (just maybe, as I don't know how much work that would be and Carney got enough to think about with his own things) he would be willing to help me get that functionality into the Wrack engine. I think that it could work out very nicely.

Carney? What are your thoughts on that?

That sounds great to me! I'd be happy to not only help expand the modding capabilities of the Wrack engine, but also help get your mod up and running so that Wrack has its first kickass mod! :)

Carnevil said:

That sounds great to me! I'd be happy to not only help expand the modding capabilities of the Wrack engine, but also help get your mod up and running so that Wrack has its first kickass mod! :)

That's awesome. I'll start with translating the design document so I can show you what ideas I have for the interface and game.

Khorus said:

If you need my level design skills, music or my axe let me know.

And my CHAINSAW. >:O (we'll talk)

I was gonna make an axe joke upon reading this but apparently someone beat me to it... -____-

While I'm no coder, I can help out with music if need be. Both projects sound cool and the screenies look really good.

While I am happy to see people interested in this I am currently not looking for more people to work on it. For music, I will get back later. It's currently very far down on the list of priorities.