Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K3K

TNT Map 22 19 seconds Complevel -5

Hello everyone, this is my very first demo/speedrun I've done. It might not be as quick as the mighty world record (17 seconds) but I'm proud of the time I got.

If you have any tips I could use on how to improve my time(s) and etc. Feel free to post.

DEMO: http://www.mediafire.com/?ahl03bt8ob94uu7

Enjoy!

Recorded on Chocolate Doom.

When the demo starts, your angle isn't good, so you lose time. Try to get perfect angle for the beginning of the map instead of strafe running to wrong direction.

Just before you jump down to press the elevator down, instead of just running forward, you should strafe run. Same thing after elevator is back at the top, you just run forward instead of strafe run to the invulnerability. Using strafe50 would also lower your time.

Looper said:

When the demo starts, your angle isn't good, so you lose time. Try to get perfect angle for the beginning of the map instead of strafe running to wrong direction.

Just before you jump down to press the elevator down, instead of just running forward, you should strafe run. Same thing after elevator is back at the top, you just run forward instead of strafe run to the invulnerability. Using strafe50 would also lower your time.

Thank you for the feedback! I will try to remember what you said the next time I record a demo.

Why Complevel -5? Why not -4 like it's supposed to be? I don't understand.