Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Dicephalus twins live normal lives

Hellbent said:

so if both are thirsty and one drinks something to quench her thirst, is the other one then no longer thirsty?

They have two stomaches, so both need to drink.

Only once have the twins talked about separation, in childhood, when Abigail became bored and restless after Brittany fell ill with pneumonia and was confined to bed. But when Brittany began to cry Abigail reassured her that everything was fine and that they'd never be parted

MWAHAHAHAH!

DoomUK said:

Seen it. Wish I could unsee it.

First search result on 34 and these twins was 4chan, it's your own problem that you went there.

Gez said:

They have two stomaches, so both need to drink.

They have one circulatory system. Although I imagine it would be unhealthy if only one ate and drank... would they not both be able to survive if only one ate and drank? The one would just have to eat and drink a lot, no? If only one did eat and drink, I imagine eventually the unused stomach would shrink to the point where it would be subsumed and become a They raise so many interesting questions.

The idea of separating them seems obviously absurd to me. It was the only thing I thought was slightly weak about the article, why bring up multiple times the idea of separating them when it's plainly obvious that you could never do that?

But what would happen if one of them were to die, it would seem impossible to seperate the dead one.

I hope that a death will only happen in the far future, and I imagine they (whoever will take care of them) will think of surgically removing the dead parts, in a very complex and expensive medical procedure. I hope medicine will evolve by that time, to be as safe as possible. Unfortunately, this (two-headed persons) seems like an extremely isolated (unique?) case.

Huh, small world. My sister went to college with these girls, not same program though. I remember her talking about them a few years ago when she transferred to bethel. Although I don't remember her saying much other than "it's a bit weird, but they're very nice."

Avoozl said:

But what would happen if one of them were to die, it would seem impossible to seperate the dead one.

If one of them died they would probably both die.

They share a liver, intestines and one of each of their lungs is joined together. I can't imagine the surgery required to separate the dead twin and give the remaining one a chance.

Khorus said:

Hellbent. Our very own Karl Pilkington.

And appropriately enough, given his currently employed avatar; "a head like a fucking orange."

Hm, where do they buy hoodies large enough to fit? EH, I guess the same place High School freshmen get them alongside those XXL jeans and neck chains.

If they have two brains, how do they coordinate their movements? If one woke up during the night while the other was asleep, would she be able to move? So many questions. D:

Clonehunter said:

Hm, where do they buy hoodies large enough to fit? EH, I guess the same place High School freshmen get them alongside those XXL jeans and neck chains.

They have a seamstress who customizes stuff for them.

Stygian said:

If they have two brains, how do they coordinate their movements?

Lifelong practice and experience.