Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX 2.3 and Editor Update

A new version of Doom64EX along with the editor has been released. Head over to Doom64EX's website to grab the latest version. The newest version of Doom64EX includes new features such as skyboxes, menu cursor, a new scripting utility (called BLAM) for Doom Builder 64, and of course, lots of bug fixes.

By the way, I've been experiencing a lot of issues with Sourceforge. If you click on the download link and it doesn't take you to the download page on Sourceforge, then you may need to keep trying until it goes through.

Another reason why I want to look for alternative hosting services...

Great stuff. Thanks for your hard work.

Now, time for the obligatory "Port-To-Another-System" question; How possible would it be to port this to the Wii?

WiiDoom seems to have ceased development while still lacking polish. It would be great to see Doom 64 EX pick up the torch on the Wii. :)

Thanks, Kaiser. Looks amazing. One (potentially noobish) observation and question:

EDIT: Please ignore the following, I guess it can be attributed to the Sourceforge weirdness you referred to in your second OP. I'm now downloading doom64ex_2.3_win32.zip. Thanks again!

Observation:
On your Wordpress 'Downloads' page, I click the link to download doom64ex_2.3_win32.zip, then click the doom64ex folder, but I can't find Doom64EX_2.3 - the only programmes available are either 2.2, or builder64_setup.exe (I'm guessing 2.3).

Question:
Do I have to run the new editor to populate my folder with Doom64 EX 2.3?

P.S. also, the new Wiki you link to (dead link), appears to be AWOL...
P.P.S. Never mind, it's up now. [:

schwerpunk said:

P.S. also, the new Wiki you link to (dead link), appears to be AWOL...
P.P.S. Never mind, it's up now. [:

Again, Sourceforge is giving me trouble. The wiki issues I've been having is more likely not going to be fixed anytime soon... much like how Sourceforge deals with every other problem.

Da Werecat said:

Also, I've always wondered why this muzzle flash sprite have such a weird alignment.

Just a mistake on the developer's part.

SourceForge (SVN & website) is horribly, horribly, slow. Always has been slow since I have been using it (years). I will likely not use it again for an open-source product. For a closed-source that I am working on now I use a server in the Netherlands for SVN and it updates/commits in a second! (unless there is more than a few MB to transfer of course) Now I understand that further away communication is always slower, but THAT slow as SourceForge is, that must be hosted on Mars or further away for it to be an excuse.

More on topic: Congratulations on this progress! Nice to see that.

Thanks!

Since the Sourceforge staff has been sitting on these issues for several months (I think even a year now) with barely any status updates/notifications, I've been considering purchasing a domain for Doom64EX and do all of my SVN/wiki/web stuff from there. Personally this may be a much better solution and plus I'll probably get to work with actual up-to-date software that works.

Not sure if there's other alternatives though but I am still researching this.

Looking forward to trying this! Excited about the DS port to! To bad the interest is lacking, hopefully the release with spark more interest.. So is there a little slow down or frame drops due to the unoptimized port? Any chance DSTwo Supercard is supported? it has its own CPU to help boost performance!

Yeah, I can't wait for the DS port too. I don't quite understand the lack of interest in DS homebrew. It's a great system with lots of potential for original games as well as for porting old FPS's.

I have been quite enjoying my DSIXL the past year! I rarely find time to play any consoles anymore, but the bus ride to work, and breaks on work, the system is my best investment lately! With emulators, i have beaten and replayed more games on my list then the past few years! As soon as this DS port comes out, flawed or not (as long as its not super choppy) will be my first run through of Doom 64 since the first release of Doom64 EX, looking forward!:)

If you guys want, hop on IRC via OFTC / #doom64ex and I can send you a test build of Doom64DS if you guys want to help test for bugs and compatibility with various cards and DS hardware.

Kaiser said:

Another reason why I want to look for alternative hosting services...

What about Assembla (just throwing it there)?

Man, I wish I had one of those flash cart things for my DS. I would be more than happy to help you out Kaiser if I did :(

Kaiser said:

If you guys want, hop on IRC via OFTC / #doom64ex and I can send you a test build of Doom64DS if you guys want to help test for bugs and compatibility with various cards and DS hardware.

i have 3 different micro flash cards to test out on, an older one called TT, and a couple newer ones the Acekard 2 and DSTwo Supercard, i would be willing to check it out!