Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

most over-used midi?

What would be the midi you've come across the most in a pwad? (excluding anything by metallica and NIN since they're the obvious ones)

Rise of the Triad music is waaaaaaay past its prime.

That one thing from Duke Nukem 3D. Its in cchst3 map30

Xplasma is used a lot, but it's such an awesome midi that if every single map in every single doom wad ever made used it, it still wouldn't be overused. :P
I'm currently using it in TNT2 Map06 (It'll probably be replaced by a new track though).

Go back into the nineties, and good luck downloading a map that doesn't play a nine inch nails midi (not that I mind, its one of those things that makes me smile). Particularly, the midi will probably be "Head Like a Hole".

There is a metroid fusion track which has been in many a wad, Sunder, Newgothic, Epic 2 to name a few all use this track somewhere, in fact Epic 2 used it as the title music

Doomguy 2000 said:

Hexen midi is another type of music that's overused in megawads.

That would have to be Sacred Grove.

WildWeasel said:

d_runnin

I love that song. That beautiful organ "daaaaaaaah daaaaaaaaah daaaaaaaaah daaaa da da"

pcorf said:

Heretic E1M9

How did I forget about this track. This really is used everywhere, more than the other suggestions. Though it might be in other wads I have not played

lupinx-Kassman said:

Particularly, the midi will probably be "Head Like a Hole".

I find it intriguing how the startup of D_RUNNIN is similar to the startup of "Head like a hole".

cannonball said:

How did I forget about this track. This really is used everywhere, more than the other suggestions. Though it might be in other wads I have not played

Actually yeah, I've never heard Plasma used in a map that I can remember, but E1M9 is like an old friend.

pcorf said:

Duke Nukem 3D Lunar Reactor / Aliens, Say your Prayers.

That's actually awesome though. Especially when the tempo is sped up to about 140%

Eris Falling said:

That's actually awesome though. Especially when the tempo is sped up to about 140%

Its a nice song. Very emotional, haunting and scary. But we do hear it often. I like the song for sure and in fact the music used in Duke3D is pretty good overall.