• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Live Stream for closing ceremony?

Maes said:

On my TV. Didn't watch it anyway.

i can't find it on my tv. all the olympic stations are playin previous events.. wtf... NBC die. fucking die you evi evil evilness.

Barbarians... I'm watching now as well. This has to be one of the best Opening/Closing Ceremony combinations in the history of the Olympics. Hang on, just saw Kate Moss and she looks out of her mind on drugs!

I watched the live translation of the ceremony on basic Canadian cable television.
And yeah, seeing those torches being lowered and extinguished at the very end almost brought me to tears.
The performances were nice and cheerful, though. My only disappointment was that my favourite band didn't show up. (I'm a fan of The Prodigy and they're Brits just like the other legends.)
*sigh* Well. It was a fun 2 weeks.

printz said:

I hate closing ceremonies. Too depressing.

DarkJedi188 said:

And yeah, seeing those torches being lowered and extinguished at the very end almost brought me to tears.

Only another four years until the next games, and you have the winter Olympics to look forward to in the meantime. Don't get why people get so teary-eyed just because some big sporting event has finished.

DoomUK said:

Only another four years until the next games, and you have the winter Olympics to look forward to in the meantime. Don't get why people get so teary-eyed just because some big sporting event has finished.

The Olympics are about pushing the human spirit; about overcoming ordinary to elevate to a mythical place of extraordinary. Many people (myself included) find it very inspiring the work ethic, discipline, determination, perseverance, nerve and courage that it takes to compete at this level. Half our movies are about superheroes. The other half have protagonists that do superhuman feats. We love superheroes. Usain Bolt and others remind us that we can be more.

Jodwin said:

People care about these ceremonies?

The BBC said Monday that its live coverage of the Olympic closing ceremony was watched by 26.3 million people in the U.K., or more than 80 percent of the country's audience share.

Judging by the ceremonies, the only important artist in the UK today is Emeli Sandé. She certainly seems to be flavour of the moment anyway. I find her "emotional" style far too forced and just plain odd sounding.

Aaaanyway:

Heh, "losing-ceremony". :)

Hellbent said:

...are about pushing the human spirit; about overcoming ordinary to elevate to a mythical place of extraordinary. Many people (myself included) find it very inspiring the work ethic, discipline, determination, perseverance, nerve and courage that it takes to compete at this level. Half our movies are about superheroes. The other half have protagonists that do superhuman feats. We love superheroes. Usain Bolt and others remind us that we can be more.

It's like you're talking about WWII soldiers, doctors, firemen etc. Not a bunch of people running around in a circle or lifting heavy things up and putting them down again.

Don't mistake my cynicism and apathy for not appreciating what it takes, physically, to become an Olympic-level athlete, whatever the particular discipline might be (and even the less physically demanding sports like target shooting isn't to be poo-pooed). But I can't help but think "so what?" whenever it's time for this event to happen.

DoomUK said:

Not a bunch of people running around in a circle or lifting heavy things up and putting them down again.

Don't forget groups of people all swimming around in patterns with their legs in the air. That takes a special kind of personal discipline.

;)

For who? Them or you? :P

Well, it was nice to see where all of the BBC's F1 money was spent. Tossers.

DoomUK said:

Time does indeed fly. It still feels as if the winter games of Vancouver happened last year, while in reality it's been 2 years.
TBH, I like the winter games much more than the summer ones... There's just something about those snowboards and those hockey pucks. ;)

DarkJedi188 said:

Time does indeed fly. It still feels as if the winter games of Vancouver happened last year, while in reality it's been 2 years.
TBH, I like the winter games much more than the summer ones... There's just something about those downhill racers. ;)

FTFY

i do agree a little. sure there are no lives being saved, but it's a really wonderful thing to see the entire world's finest athletes come together and pretend that everything is relatively ok.

anyway did you guys hear about that new e2m1 speedrunning trick hellbent discovered?