Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kris

YES!!

YESSSSSS!! My mom was finally convinced by me that she should use her CC (credit card) to buy me Doom and Doom2 on eBay for $14. I read somewhere in a reply by a guy named DooMBoy that you can download and play user-created levels. Is this true?
I would have done all this myself, but I'm only 15.
Once again, YESSSSSS!!!!!

Wow. You ARE new, aren't you?

User created levels are put in files called WAD files. There should be a DOOM.WAD file with your copy of DOOM, and a DOOM2.WAD file with your copy of DOOM2. No matter what level you're using, you have to have those files with their respective executables (e.g. DOOM.WAD in the same directory as DOOM.EXE. etc.).

I'd tell you more, but my newbie-compassion tank just ran dry.

DC

Sorry to seem like an asshole, but you got ripped off. You can find Doom and Doom2 for free now on abandonware sites such as www.abandongames.com. Fifteen bucks is too much for games that are almost ten years old now.

/me blows a "mordeth whistle".

j/k.

Doom is not abandonware. Not by a long shot. It probably never will be abandonware or freeware seeing as how id still has a lot of ip invested in it.

WOW!! some one who is this new and is interested in the game. good luck at beating it the first time. no matter how many years or times u play doom u always learn new tricks and get better. I still love it as i did almost 10 years ago when i put in the doom share ware cd, never owned it on floppy disk. Doom is still popular today and i am buying 2 fresh copies from ID. hey for your information it is not $40 US to buy doom or doom2 from ID. I bought it buy calling 1-800-ID-games and got both for $20, thats 10 each!

I'd tell you more, but my newbie-compassion tank just ran dry.

Can I fill it with coffee?

The Trilogy is Ultimate Doom, Doom2, and Doom2's Master Levels. I hope you like and love Doom and Doom2. I know I do. Truly two of the greatest games ever devised.

If you find yourself captivated by the gameplay of DOOM and DOOM II, you should check out Final DOOM: Evilution and Plutonia. Although they are only new levels the atmosphere is expertly constructed and the level design is comparable to the first two DOOMs in my opinion. Also Final DOOM is alot more difficult and makes DOOM and DOOM II look like walks in the park.

indeed! but for GODS SAKE stay AWAY from the PSX version of Final Doom. it's a piss poor port and not nearly as hard.
Way too short too. Just get the PC version.