Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All kinds of stuff, really. My musical taste isn't so much eclectic as schizophrenic, if you consider all the phases I go through with things.

Basically I've been known to listen to everything from Nile to t.A.T.u, from drum n' bass to classical music, from experimental jazz to rap music. And most stuff inbetween these. I only have a strong disliking for what I loosely categorise as "shit pop music", and can tolerate nearly anything else.

Mostly metal, rock, ambient and experimental. A few jazz, classical, reggae and chanson.

Relic said:

the music has no meaning or effort put into the music. It's the same in thing in most music "Raise your hands in the air!" "Drop the bass!". It's catchy and upbeat so people will keep coming back for more.

Basically. There's good pop music too though, which even gets played on mainstream radio, albeit overshadowed by Rihanna and The Spice Girls or whoever the fuck is popular these days. It depends on what you consider to be "pop music" I suppose.

Anything really, as long as it isn't the repetitive sounds of most modern pop music, or isn't too over the top. Indie rock music usually keeps me happy, though I can listen to other genres as well, a recent favourite of mine was Nero which is different to what I usually listen to.

Major metal head, listen to anything from brutal death to christian metal. Love me some industrial. Occasionally listen to techno / trance, classical, soundtrack, pop, etc. Don't like rap or hip hop though.

Pretty much anything, though I usually end up listening to industrial (I love both Skinny Puppy and Ayria) or really anything else electronic. J-pop is also a favorite, especially the stuff from the late 80s to early 2000s. This past year I've been into dub and downtempo, like Thievery Corporation, as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah, these guys rock.

I like anything well-written, well-performed, well-recorded and with a purpose, vision or story to tell. Style irrevelant, lyrics preferably not present. Good film music tends to fit the bill the best, but there's little I don't listen to in terms of style, and it's not unusual for me to jump from a bluegrass band to a black metal band, or from an acoustic performance to an electronic recording. As long as the music's of competent quality and there's no romance, I'm good.

For reference: my last.fm account.

Anything from the 80s as long as I like it as well as Ambient/Atmospheric music, also I sometimes listen to certain tracks from AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Korn and Blue Oster Cult, shamefully I also listen to music tracks I like from various games.

Various types of music. I find it impossible to limit myself to one genre and I'm always baffled when I meet someone who does. As of late, I've been listening to The Waterboys on the bus ride to work while switching over to something more akin to Iron Maiden on the way home. In the middle there's stuff like Brian Eno, Digable Planets, Charles Mingus and so on. The opportunity to stumble across a quality talent I haven't heard before to is too significant for me to discount artists I've never heard.

Avoozl said:

shamefully I also listen to music tracks I like from various games.

Shamefully? Good music is good music, regardless of its source.

Favorite genres: electronica/techno/dance, new age, rock in various forms, traditional Latin forms, ambience
Listenable: jazz, blues, pop, certain classes of oldies (70's in particular), classical, some rap (older school stuff or occasionally Bone Thugs)
Do not want: Michael Bolton, Eric Clapton, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, almost any country, Bluegrass

Melancholic pop music drenched in echo, fuzz or low distorted guitars, recorded & self produced by people you've never heard of. That & everything else, as long as it got soul, energy or flair... whatever that means.

Although I'm open to just about any genre, most of my listening time goes between down-tempo, chill-out, trip-hop, ambient, new age, IDM, uplifting trance and classical.