Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Hang on.. Are there 2 skies for Episode 2? Because I see this one and then there's that one with the planet, or are they both the same?

Eris Falling said:

Hang on.. Are there 2 skies for Episode 2? Because I see this one and then there's that one with the planet, or are they both the same?

*e2 sky*

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Whoo, I gotta say, when I was putting together the texture pack, the sorts of scenes I was visualising in my head of what TNT2 should look like, looks a lot like your screenie: dark, brooding, very 'techy' and 'machine-hell' based.

(That sentence is probably not grammatically correct, but you guys get what I mean.)

But that sure is a great screenie.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to fill up the starting area at first but once I started adding crates to block HOMs I thought it ended up looking pretty nice.

I dunno, is that a good flat for this kind of map geometry? I think of TNT2 as a "new school" project, so for me it's strange to see that cut-off on the floor. I personally try to keep the design "clean" in my map.

Memfis said:

I personally try to keep the design "clean" in my map.

Yeah, "your" map. Let the man do as he wants, this is TNT; the land of cutoff textures.

Thanks for the feedback.

Memfis said:

I dunno, is that a good flat for this kind of map geometry? I think of TNT2 as a "new school" project, so for me it's strange to see that cut-off on the floor. I personally try to keep the design "clean" in my map.

I try to have "clean" design too, but the texture below where the tiles ends fits okay with the cut-off IMO.

Anyways, here's another one:

Whoo said:

Showing the EP 2 sky.

NO! BAD WHOO!! Giving away the entire sky image before the release. :P

Heh. The amount of cutting and pasting and recoloring and aligning it took to make that image work... And don't even get me started on what I had to do to make that damn thing tile...

Processingcontrol said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I try to have "clean" design too, but the texture below where the tiles ends fits okay with the cut-off IMO.

ProcessingControl. Have I ever mentioned I really like your style? I am pretty sure I have, but just in case here it is again: I really like your style. Your Map 05 was fantastic, and I look forward to seeing the final version. And this map looks pretty neat too.

I think the cutoff floor is all good. Everything else looks perfectly aligned, all the METAL panels and such. Nice work.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Heh. The amount of cutting and pasting and recoloring and aligning it took to make that image work... And don't even get me started on what I had to do to make that damn thing tile...

It was worth it. The result is mindblowing.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

ProcessingControl. Have I ever mentioned I really like your style? I am pretty sure I have, but just in case here it is again: I really like your style. Your Map 05 was fantastic, and I look forward to seeing the final version. And this map looks pretty neat too.

Thanks, I really liked your 2 maps in the demo too. :)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

NO! BAD WHOO!! Giving away the entire sky image before the release. :P

/meremovesimage

Processingcontrol said:

*shots*

I'm really liking that first shot; nice mix of gray and blue. The second one looks good from what I can tell, despite it just being a picture of a corridor.

Memfis said:

To me the flat he's using doesn't look that bad when cut-off.

Whoo said:

/meremovesimage

Damn! I was enjoying gazing at it >=( Oh well, it answered my question :)

Have there been updates from all the in progress maps in the past month or so?

TheMionicDonut said:

Have there been updates from all the in progress maps in the past month or so?

Not all. Towards the end of this month I'm going to start sending PMs to mappers who haven't updated their maps. I'm probably going to end up bumping the deadline to the end of September.

I've decided to scrap the map I was working on due to it not resembling tnt at all. I've started working on a new map, got about 5 rooms done so far. Im trying to capture the tnt feel of adventure with this one. Heres a picture.

Olympus said:

I've decided to scrap the map I was working on due to it not resembling tnt at all. I've started working on a new map, got about 5 rooms done so far. Im trying to capture the tnt feel of adventure with this one. Heres a picture.

Looks a bit like Quarry imo. Nicely done.

Olympus said:

http://i.imgur.com/Tm2tE.png

Keep working on what you've got there, but could you send the map you were working on to me? I'm currently working on the final stage of MAP30, so I might make an entrance to the final boss with pieces of your map.

Olympus said:

Looking really nice and atmospheric.

Been working on the initial layout for the MAP30 boss:

All I'm going to say about the boss is don't judge a book by its "cover."

Olympus said:

[Image]

I like. Obviously a late level map by the look of it.

Whoo said:

[image]

Whoo, looks really good.

Well all except for the vertical sky tiling thing.

But otherwise I like. :)

For those who don't know, t.v. has designed an all new end boss for TNT2 and it looks simply awesome, and really in keeping with tnt's "hell ship" sort of theme.

Also whoo, just so you know, all but one of my maps have been through the first round of testing, so am making reasonable progress towards the september deadline. Am kind of glad that you have extended the deadline to the end of September.

Also, what was the verdict on deathmatch/coop compatibility? I would still like to see these things included in the final release, though I understand that coop epsecially may be difficult to implement well on some maps. (ProcessingControl's map 05 as one example, even though it is an awesome single player map.)

Whoo said:

Judging by the size of that area, it's gonna be pretty damn difficult :P

(And it is here, I am mini-member)

I'm looking forward to this new wad, looks very promising! I think I'm going to keep an eye on this one...

So this old face is placeholder because there will be new one? Or this is fake bossface and only entrance to the real one?

Also if this modifies some graphics/sprites and such dehacked stuff (boss level mechanism), this is fan-made sequel to TNT and partial conversion TNT-themed at the same time. ;-)

GBT3 said:

So this old face is placeholder because there will be new one? Or this is fake bossface and only entrance to the real one?

Also if this modifies some graphics/sprites and such dehacked stuff (boss level mechanism), this is fan-made sequel to TNT and partial conversion TNT-themed at the same time. ;-)

My guess is the real boss will appear to jump out of the face, you can see that the hole in the head is a lot larger on it and not the original IoS

I made an attempt to have the IOS have its jaws open in Shai'tan's luck, if you want to scavenge the textures. I can't remember how well that turned out.

Actually demon-spitter has it's jaw open on first map and you tear his face off, go through skull inside to see how artificial it was.

If there will be dehacked working correctly this wil be FIRST megawad ever with fixed spawn shooter mechanism so save/load won't be fatal as crash (because shooters will be killable) at least according to idea in whole thread.

Speaking of map30, I hope people arent colorblind. No TNT map30 would be complete without a puzzle portion. And you thought the Evilution one was nasty...

This map30 screenshot has nothing to do with it.