Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Mario + fave classic character!

This is awesome!

marioflash.org wow... and I've been thinking since the simon'scat thread why more cartoon tv shows don't mix for some fresh comedic fun (because family guy and simpsons and the rest get stale after awhile--they should cross breed) but wow--this game looks to be awesome!! really well done (of course I only tried out Link and was so impressed just by throwing the boomerang and using his sword that I had to immediately post here. It may be that if I play the game further I'll find that it's not that great--but after playing for two seconds--AWESOME.

I don't like Mario because of the momentum. You're not holding "left" or "right" anymore but the character is still moving. I fail intricate jumps all the time because of this. HATE.

you can go backwards in this... there is no momentum.

edit: wtf, this shit is too hard. When Link has fireflower his swords should kill shit with one hit. wtf.

I played through the original version long ago. I love how there's minimal rebalancing to accomodate for the other game character's weaknesses. IIRC the only thing they added was double jump to Simon, otherwise it would have been impossible to play.

Memfis said:

I don't like Mario because of the momentum. You're not holding "left" or "right" anymore but the character is still moving. I fail intricate jumps all the time because of this. HATE.

You should feel pretty comfortable with characters like Bill Rizer and Simon then because naturally they don't do that.

I made it to 4-2 and it's not so hard anymore.

BTW, is it cheating when I go on top in the underworld levels (the ones with blue bricks)? It makes the levels sillily easy so seems like it shouldn't be allowed. Are you able to do it in the original game or only in this flash version?

You could, though I haven't played this flash game, so maybe it's easier here. Still, it was pretty easy back-when, as long as you knew about it.

It doesn't pop up much in the original, though.