Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Heretic high resolution music

Other than Sycraft's tunes, who else has done the entirety of Heretic's soundtrack?

Hmm I remember listening to Kink's music remixes but I didn't particularly like the style, not to mention his Heretic section is incomplete.

I wish the guy who made this gave the same treatment to the rest of the Heretic soundtrack:

Gez said:

I wish the guy who made this gave the same treatment to the rest of the Heretic soundtrack:

The electric guitar sounds like a floppy drive.

Technician said:

The electric guitar sounds like a floppy drive.

Ugh electric guitar :( It should rather be a piano.

printz said:

Ugh electric guitar :( It should rather be a piano.

Why?

Go to a music store, look at the albums where the covers look like a Brom, Vallejo, etc. painting with musclebound barbarian warriors, skeletons, dragons, nearly naked amazon chicks, and the rest of the D&Dish heroic-fantasy clichés, and tell me if you're more likely to hear electric guitar or piano in them.

Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer movie soundtracks had no electric guitars, and that's about as close at it gets to D&D music for me. Well, there's no electric guitars in most medieval-fantasy worlds, so they would feel a little out of place... In arcade games that's not such a big deal though.

Heretic isn't a movie. Doom's soundtrack isn't exactly a clone of Alien's soundtrack either.

I'm thinking more of stuff like, say, HammerFall.