Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Video captures Michigan man's shooting by police

It sounds like they really suck at shooting. Either that or they panicked for some reason. Anyway, they could easily have disabled him with bear spray or something like that, then taken his knife away...

I think it's obvious that one jackass started shooting and the rest followed for whatever reason... but why 46 shots? It doesn't make any sense.

Ah, yet another perfect situation to actually use a fucking tazer legitimately and it ends with a hail of bullets as expected...

You get two separate warning about the "graphic" nature of the video before it's displayed, which I think was a tad silly. It's not that I wanted to see slow-motion HD steadycam footage of a man being plugged with bullets, but what you DO see is not graphic at all: blurry, chunky dots that make another set of blurry, chunky dots fall down, along with some loud noises. Just saying.

Had a quick read of the article, the man was holding a knife and was clearly not a big threat so its seems hard to justify what happened. There would have been loads of ways to deal with this situation without resorting to killing the man, I thought the police were meant to be trained for these kinds of situations but instead they seem to have resorted to a shoot first, think later strategy.

Quast said:

Ah, yet another perfect situation to actually use a fucking tazer legitimately and it ends with a hail of bullets as expected...

Tasers are only effective after you have apprehended and restrained the suspect, stupid.

"Michigan" the problem resides here, in this word. I know, I live here.

We've been stuck with an absolutely atrocious state government for about a decade now and they've been slashing budgets left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if these cops really were just trained to shoot first and ask later.

But citizens shouldn't have the right to arm themselves, oh no. Just to be gunned down by the fuzz.

"One of the things the public has to understand, an individual wielding a knife at you at about 20 feet can be on top of you in a split second," he said. "The public doesn't know this because they don't do this for a living."

Come on, guys. These highly trained pros are out there risking their lives every day. As normal everyday humans, we can't hope to understand the physics behind a situation such as this.

There, I said it with a straight face. If a man armed with a melee weapon can be "on top of" six officers, armed-and-ready, in "a split second", then they are grossly under-trained and painfully over-paid.

She questioned why none of the cameras in the police cars at the scene recorded the shooting -- "none of them work."

I'm so surprised at this that confetti just came out of my ears.

Its a good illustration of the group-think ganglike cult behavior of authoritarian hierarchies. Probably every one of those cops had fear trolled into them like they'd lose their job if they didn't say 'how high' when their master said jump, just like they put fear into lowly minimum wage mcdonalds/grocery store workers like my fucking self everywhere. Johnson shot so dave was like, oh shit, I better shoot too or I'll lose my job for not being a good corporate mercenary (hey I go to Target when I want to by some flouride water, and they have their own cop cars parked in front every day). Pretty soon they were all shooting, look we're doing our job! We're helping fight terrorists! Well actually that was a more humane fate than being sent to a prison. They probably all celebrated with donuts with the head authoritarian afterwards, probably like the pink frosting ones with sprinkles.

Pretty open and shut case of unnecessary force. All those cops should be put on trial for murder.