Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest 4 (NEW HOTFIX NOW ON IDGAMES/!)

Community Chest 4 is a full megawad boasting 32 levels made by 20 different authors. After around four years of work, it's finally here! You may download it at the link below:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16911

This WAD requires a Boom-compatible source port that supports increased SEGS. Thus, PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 with -complevel 9 (for Boom compatibility) and the Eternity Engine v3.40.20 "Mjolnir" are recommended to play this WAD!

We hope you enjoy this WAD as much as we did making it!

(This WAD will be uploaded to idgames/ a few hours from now. Another post will be made when there's an HTML frontend page.)

EDIT (August 23, 2012 2:48 PM PDT): There is now an idgames HTML page for this WAD, which I have added above.
EDIT (September 8, 2012 1:42 AM PDT): I have added the updated version, above. It will be removed when I upload it onto idgames/ and makes it onto all active mirrors.
EDIT (September 9, 2012 12:43 PM PDT): Changed the link above to the final update, which will be uploaded to idgames/ shortly.
EDIT (September 12, 2012 4:18 PM PDT): Changed the update link above to the hotfix, which will be uploaded to idgames/ shortly.
EDIT (September 15, 2012 2:55 PM PDT): Removed the update link, as the hotfix is now on almost all idgames mirrors.
EDIT (October 19, 2012 5:48 PM PDT): Released a new hotfix that corrects bugs in MAP17 and MAP29. 100% Kills should now be possible on all maps.
EDIT (October 20, 2012 12:13 AM PDT): Updated the previous hotfix to fix a bug in MAP18 that was easy to trigger and could lock you outside the map. I have also uploaded it to idgames/; this post will be updated again when it's put on the archive.
EDIT (October 21, 2012 8:36 PM PDT): Removed the previous hotfix link because it is now on idgames/. Hooray!

Finally!

Thanks for all the hard work organizing it and keeping it going, TGH.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, get your "longest duration spent making it" or whatever its called cacoward.

Congratulations everyone. It was a lot of fun being a part of this. Thanks to TGH for all the hard work. Also, since I didn't get around to saying it on the beta page, thanks to everyone who tested the maps/sent reports/recorded FDAs! It really helped shape up this wad, and I know I certainly learned a lot from the ones aimed at me =P.

took long enough

Also, I hope someone will post a News Submission when the /idgames link is ready, because I'm afraid people might miss it since there are only 3 topics in wads & mods and an entire sub-forum dedicated to it.

Cool mapset.

I've played through a decent amount of them so far,

It reminds me a bit of the NewDoom community project.

great work guys.

Oh, nice! I'll be frank, there are a LOT of legendary Megawads I haven't played, but I'm getting to it (whilst playtesting a gameplay modification of mine), and this is going in the queue for sure!

A moment of silence for my five maps that I worked on that never made it in because i sucked at mapping in 2008.

Congratulations to all who worked on this project. Well done!

A shame that a bug I reported for map 24 did not get fixed. MIDFENC1 at line 640 bleeds into the floor in software. This can be seen when at line 660 and looking west, towards line 640.

And one just noticed ... map 18 sector 880 has the wrong floor flat. Should be GRAYFLAA.

... probably too late though ...

I guess he'll fix anything important, but probably not minor stuff. He has a life too so you can't expect perfection in everything.

As it is now closing on a decade since work commenced on the first cchest, I think we can say this series has gone pretty far in the 128 maps we've seen since.

Maybe it isn't time to go into CC5 yet, but I always liked an idea I recall to make something with the short size of maps like Scythe in mind. Not to mention that would also be less time consumer. Let this quintessential series live on!

The Crazer said:

I guess he'll fix anything important, but probably not minor stuff. He has a life too so you can't expect perfection in everything.

As it is now closing on a decade since work commenced on the first cchest, I think we can say this series has gone pretty far in the 128 maps we've seen since.

Maybe it isn't time to go into CC5 yet, but I always liked an idea I recall to make something with the short size of maps like Scythe in mind. Not to mention that would also be less time consumer. Let this quintessential series live on!

The Crazer's title said:

Registered just to make one post

Alright, so which ban evader are you?

PS: TGH, you definitely deserve a break after dealing with this and 32in24 at the same time.

ClonedPickle said:

Alright, so which ban evader are you?

My uneducated guess is Mr. Lade, but the dark horse in this race could be Soda.

Yay! looking forward to playing this when I get the time, thank you all for another fine mapset!

One side of me really hopes nothing is done concerning CCV until 2013, or else we hit snag city like this for another 5 years.

Another side wants something concerning the tenth anniversary of the CC series.

kmxexii said:

Congratulations, ya filthy animals

Waaaaaait a minute, here...

Also, glad to see this finally get the official upload that's been long-coming. Special props to TGH for sticking to it for as epic a length of time as he did, and to Phobus for trying to help push the project to the finish line. Frankly, this project needed a kick in the ass.

And where is Phobus, anyways?