Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacatou

Journey to Hell (1st release) demos [-complevel 2]

Cacatou said:

Finally a run I'm very proud of achieving. The map was honestly very daunting but MAP15 (Journey to Hell) UV-Speed in 6:55. Phew

nice finish ;)

JTH is a decent HR clone, iirc it was left unfinished by its original author and made playable by someone else.

I did just minor fixes to it around a year ago like adding missing keys and removing zdoomisms and in later maps remade encounters so maps are somewhat maxable. It doesn't have demos because gameplay of those maps is pretty much nonexistent. Author hasn't played through those maps a single time, as there were few missing keys required for progress. On top of that, there are numerous ripped off sections. I've started revising them (again) not too long ago and some of them are changed to the core. Nothing publishworthy.

Personally j4rio, I have your version as well and I find it harder. :P I'm trying MAP14 it's difficult but possible. Sadly not in Prboom+ though. Maxes are possible I believe for many maps. I believe it would be possible by following the Speed route and then backtracking killing monsters. That way most monsters die due to infighting and all the ammo is unlocked so you can clear the rest up.

Oh, don't record for that 'second version' at dsda. It pains me that somebody actually wastes time with something so incomplete and outdated. I would have asked for removing it from dsda but Zahid recorded some demos for it. :<

Crap. So close. I was near the end of MAP14 and I run out of plasma. Crap. There's a cyber blocking my way back and one cutting me off. Crap. I have partial invisibility. Crap. I get distracted. Rocket to end my best run.

OK, so I just made a split as I'm noticing mass production of demos on this particular WAD :)