Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Let's Play...

So still laid up with a sprained foot I've been doing lots of let's plays. Just wondering how other people process their videos so they aren't so gynormous? I'm running zdoom on a Mac and I record my screen using Quicktime and my last LP was 3GB and failed to upload to youtube twice! So I downloaded a software called 'handbrake' which isn't working great so far, but I just started using it. It got my file down to 2.73gb which is pretty piss poor compression if you ask me, but maybe Quicktime has already compressed it pretty good. Odd thing, tho, is that my 38 minute QT video is 3 gigs, but my shorter videos are less than proportionately smaller. That is, I have a 13 minute video that is only 500mb. 13 X 3 =39 min. 500 X 3= 1.5gb. No idea why. :-/

Sounds like you are getting a PEBKAC error with Handbrake. Try choosing your preset correctly ;-)

Mr. T said:

Sounds like you are getting a PEBKAC error with Handbrake. Try choosing your preset correctly ;-)

I got your PEBKAC right here... (sorry, no idea what pebkac is).

hex11 said:

Why not just:

doom -record something

well, I'm doing let's plays, so -record doesn't get me talking and doesn't record when i switch to automap. The other reason I shy away from normal -rec is because who can watch it? I don't want to record in vanilla... and it feels like zdoom is being updated every other day which is what I play in.

Hellbent said:

I got your PEBKAC right here... (sorry, no idea what pebkac is).

Haha haven't heard PEBKAC in a long time (Since I worked in Tech Support). PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair

I was thinking of doing "let's plays" myself for a long time but due to my current terrible internet connection I won't be able to. :(

I wish there was a way to tell QuickTime to record the audio directly... as it is now, you have to find another screen capture app that's good enough and has that feature...

GhostlyDeath said:

You can just use a PVR or such to record the screen! At least, that is what I do anyway.

Yeah but doesn't that consume extra space in your room? Also wiring it up.