Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
runegoblin

No Guns - Risen3D

Hey dudes. My first post in here and I think its kinda easy to solve it.

I'm using Doom Builder 2 to create a WAD but I really need that, at least in some moment during the play, the player has ABSOLUTELY no guns.

Well... I managed to do it in ZDoom but... it just dont seems to work in Risen3D.

The lines, as follows, are the ones I used in ZDoom(Doom as Hexen):

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 ENTER
{
    //Remove all, even the fists
    ClearInventory();
}
Can anyone help me in here? I read some of those Risen3D Scripting txt, but just doesn't find anything...

Tnx!

As far as I'm aware, Risen3D supports neither Doom in Hexen format maps or indeed the ACS scripting system or the ZDoom specific ClearInventory() built-in function.

You'll have to find another solution if you want your mod to work in both ZDoom and Risen3D.

As far as I'm aware, Risen3D supports neither Doom in Hexen format maps or indeed the ACS scripting system or the ZDoom specific ClearInventory() built-in function.

You'll have to find another solution if you want your mod to work in both ZDoom and Risen3D.

well, I don't want to. I just said I managed to do it in ZDoom.

I want it to work in Risen3D only. :/

hawkwind says: What DaniJ said.

yeah... I got it. but I'm trying to know what lines to use. This simple command in ZDoom appears to have no "twin brother" in Risen.

zZaRDoZz says: Then you're looking at Risen's DEF system or a solution in Dehacked.

hmmm... thats something... I'll try to find something there. Tnx, dude!

Actually, I managed to "hide" the guns just changing the name of the texture files so, someway, it can handle my proposition. But I really need this.

Does anyone ever done something like that?

You could email Abbs. His contact address is on the Risen3D webpage. This is more his area of expertise.

yeah... I managed to talk to him yesterday trough e-mail and he just said thats changing the texture name is the easyest way. Although, he did not discarded thats possible to remove it trough scripting... but didn't gave me a straight answer as well.

I'll keep diggin.

Tnx guys! :D