Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Shooting outside the Empire State Building

Beating MRB_Doom to it:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19372533

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/24/justice/new-york-empire-state/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I'll admit, I'm wondering whether it's more than a tragic coincidence that since the Colorado cinema shootings last month there have been a string of high profile shootings reported in the United States. Despite the opinions that I have on guns that I've expressed previously, and haven't changed, it's unnerving to think about whether any of the shooters might have been increasingly influenced by the guy before them, and whether this paradigm will continue.

Some of the shootings haven't even qualified as "high profile." The media is on a reporting blitz. Apparently every time a gun goes off anywhere, we all need to know about it now. It's so they can get enough people indoctrinated in time for a mass weapon seizure if Obama wins his second term. You know, since Operation Fast & Furious miserably failed to provide enough justification to accomplish anything of the sort.

DoomUK said:

Beating MRB_Doom to it:-

You've already said too much :P

Shooting is a hot word in journalism right now, much like bath salts/zombie was a little bit ago. These stories seem to come in bunches because people will start clicking on all varieties of story involving the same tag.

Curious thing about the 9 other injured people. I wonder how many the gunman got and how many the police might have struck. Another fine mess.

Disgruntled / laid off worker who snapped. The endless cycle of decay. Blood lust into the inferno.

Quasar said:

It's so they can get enough people indoctrinated in time for a mass weapon seizure if Obama wins his second term.

I used to respect you.

Bucket said:

I used to respect you.

I was being a bit facetious with some hyperbole. The fact the media is pushing this so hard as a means to a political end is obvious though.

Quasar said:

The fact the media is pushing this so hard as a means to a political end is obvious though.

Quoted for goddamn obvious truth. It's all for audience and political agenda.

Another shooting? My god, we had a lot of terrible shootings this year and it's ridiculous on how there have been many shootings throughout the years we have lived. I'm also glad the shooter got killed for going on a rampage.

Aliotroph? said:

I wonder if the media can maintain a sustained cycle where we will hear about shootings non-stop for a year or more. I'm sure they'll try.

And once the guns are seized they'll stop reporting altogether.

I wish I had a Plasma gun and a shopping trolley full of cell packs... Seriously. Arm up people, for self defence I mean.

First they came for our plasma rifles, and I said nothing, because I didn't own a plasma rifle. Then they came for our suburban grade clean nukes, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Snakes said:

Curious thing about the 9 other injured people. I wonder how many the gunman got and how many the police might have struck. Another fine mess.

Most were apparently shot by the police while trading bullets with the gunman, those guys could do with more range time.