Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolj

Anyone know of any mods that change the hitscan weapons to projectile weapons?

I don't know any, but I don't expect it is hard to code the weapons to shoot the same projectile as the Nazi's do.

coolj said:

Does anyone know if there is anything that does this for the normal Doom hitscan weapons?

'Nazis!' is a ZDoom mod and there's not much that can't be done with a bit of DECORATE scripting. So far as hitscan weapons go it's mainly a matter of replacing that attack with something else, usually a custom missile attack.

Here's a test wad of mine where I did pretty much what you said.

http://www.mediafire.com/?549q2rh2bb1nn4c

Notes:
- Many custom sprites
- You do not start with the non-hitscan pistol
- Hitscan enemies are replaced with fast projectile shooters
- Many changes on weapons (faster SG and CG, recoil on weapons)
- SSG is based on LOS Quad SSG sprite, CG is Eriance's CG, and UAC rifle by Mike12, all other spirites are done by me or modified by me.

Brutal Doom changes enemy hitscan shots into very fast bullet projectiles with tracers.

Thanks everyone. I've looked through most of the wads posted and the DECORATE guide, and I think I'll be able to do exactly what I want.

Note: replacing all hitscan weapons with projectile weapons can screw up some levels. There is one in Epic II, notably, where you have to shoot a switch to deactivate a forcefield that keeps you prisoner. Projectiles are blocked by the forcefield, but hitscans aren't.

As a consequence, you will need to cheat: either noclip out of here, or use the "mdk" command while targeting the switch (mdk is a hitscan attack).