Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eregore

Egregor2 [WIP]

Egregor2 is the second level I plan on releasing in my series of 2048 size themed levels. The first being of course Egregor1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hf8jgls3ln6dbc9
(zdoom/gzdoom only)

I am about a third of the way done with this second level. The map's overall layout and functions are both nearly complete. I plan on releasing it mid to late October.

I just played Egregor1. I gotta say, it was a wonderful map. I'm looking forward to this 2nd map, the screenshots look promising.

I'm getting a very slight, very pleasant, Quake 1 medieval vibe, from those screenshots.

Watching this one closely.

egregor1 is nice looking and quite challenging. almost too tough for me at times (maybe I am going about the fights incorrectly). it is a lovely map though, with several distinct sections, and well laid out. never got bored playing through the map, and the different areas made me wonder where i would be next if i could stay alive. i am sorry i didn't ever post during the beta phase, but i have been quite busy. i did manage to play through the level several times, it is quite fun.

egregor2 sounds great and i can't wait. you set the bar high with the first one my friend. will you do another beta release?

You know, I didn't actually get ANY beta feedback, which rendered that phase obsolete. But EGREGOR2 will have both levels, and the first level will have some minor changes now that I have played through it a few (dozen) times.

if it is any consolation, most of my feedback was praise.

i really liked your style of detail; ie the 45 degree angles around the windows and doors, support beams, the marble waterfall, the way the switches and doors are "tucked in" and not flush with the walls. the custom textures are def used well.

i also heartily approve of the constant up and down vertical qualities of the level and height variations. in many levels the 3-d illusion is not fully realized and you can perceive the flat plain headed into the horizon that you are stuck on. egregor1 feels pretty 3-d, with lots of moving and shooting up and down, not just strafing.

when it comes to criticizing difficulty i'm afraid to speak too loudly bc i am not the most adept doomer.

i do know that after defeating the first 2 revenants, i always went up the stairs and into the cave versus across the bridge and into the circular structure bc i never felt like i had the firepower to fight the hellknights, mancubi and spiders. maybe if there was a ssg on the little red alter beyond the first door.