Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andyman3k

E1M1 Played on a tesla coil

Just like the floppy drive arrangement, it's eerie how fitting the unusual instruments are for the OPL playback I grew up with.

Yeah, it's quite badass. But I have the impression that neither this is polyphonic. The second part of D_E1M1 plays the notes in chords.

And here was me playing the E1M1 music on unoriginal instruments like piano and guitar.

I salute the uniqueness of this. Very, very cool.

Neat! I want one.

printz said:

But I have the impression that neither this is polyphonic. The second part of D_E1M1 plays the notes in chords.

Think of the tesla coil as a loudspeaker with a frequency range that might be fairly restricted, then come up with a novel way of modulating it, which is what some users appear to have done.

To everybody awing at "how close it sounds to the original"....well, he IS playing back the same instrument as the original, just through the Tesla coil, and with a one-voice arrangement.

Why? Check it out: there are other videos of Tesla coils playing back arbitrary audio and music (even human voices), but with too many sounds mixing together they start looking too blurry. He could've played a complete arrangement with drums, basslines, double voices, etc. but then it wouldn't look so clear.

I think I seen this before, but I thought it was fucking awesome when I first saw it. One problem I found was that the additional notes that were supposed to be played around 0:58 are missing but I think I know why because of how it probably can only play one set of notes at a same time. Still, I think this is really cool.