Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Header Marine

The marine that appears in the header for the forums, where the red marine is dying-- Where is the foreground marine/guy from?

Clonehunter said:

The marine that appears in the header for the forums, where the red marine is dying-- Where is the foreground marine/guy from?

You mean the sketch? It's from The Book of id -- a bonus booklet that came with the id Anthology box set.

I have the Book of id scans somewhere. I'll take a look, and if I find them, I'll post the zip somewhere.

EDIT: You know what, I think I lied. I can't find that image in The Book of id.

I think it's specifically from the Return of the King extended edition, in a scene right after the Battle of Pelennor Fields.

Thanks Gez for the mention of that film. I'll watch it some day if I remember about it :)

I find that Eomer there kinda looks like he has a spiderweb instead of hair, which fits Doom 3 somewhat :) Someone should create a character which is a guy with spiderweb hair, with one or more living spiders on it, and him not very happy about it (but can't help).

printz said:

I find that Eomer there kinda looks like he has a spiderweb instead of hair, which fits Doom 3 somewhat :)

Heh, now I don't feel so bad thinking it was another still from the (unwatched) Doom movie, with Urban covered in goop or hellslime or something.

Clonehunter said:

Pics or it didn't happen. I still don't know what this thread is about.

Dying? I've always seen it as "looking triumphantly skyward, covered in the blood of his enemies". Our hero never dies, he just takes a break every now and again.