Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

AgentSpork said:

It's some absurdly stupid name I thuoght up several years ago, back when I was a retard or something. I regret still having this name, but really, there is no point in changing it. It has no real story behind it besides the fact that I was bored one day and the name kind of popped into my head. Now everyone in the Doom community knows me by this name. :(

Just one question. Is Agent Knifoon your eternal arch-enemy? =^P

when i first started playing MMO games (i wouldnt recommend it lol) i wanted a name that was really original, something that started with an X, and the rest just came to me

i cant say anyone else on the net uses my name, if you were to google it, you would find forum posts by me at other websites lol

Janderson said:

Is SpelCzec yours, lolololol

No. KwadDamyjwasinthewrongplace is his enemy.

guess. Although I've long been over my One-letter capitalized, one letter lower case phase...but on various parts of the internet I still go crazy with the shift key, it's kind of a schtick of mine.

I've also gone by:

doomer4conan
Edward_the_Great
C-Dog_O_Bling_Bling
Dûmer4life
Hellknight
Hell_Knight

I also noticed through a google search that there is another doomer4life somewhere out there, he's posted at the Last Man Standing forums, Null Parameter, and the Zdaemon boards...and I have not. Most intriguing....well, not really.

I was browsing the Zandronum forums and saw this topic there and thought it would be interesting to see the stories and (possible) funny stuff behind usernames here.

Nothing. Just thought of it on the spot. No it does not have anything to do with a girl, so fuck off with that theory (to those zan fags)

Mine's a nickname I picked up from some friends from a certain South American country, not that interesting at all...

meg·a·lith [meg-uh-lith]
noun
A stone of great size, especially in ancient construction work, as the Cyclopean masonry, or in prehistoric Neolithic remains, as dolmens or menhirs.

I went through a few screen names in times of yore, but they all had one thing in common: they all began with the letter M and contained 8 letters. When I wanted a new, more original name, I used the most unoriginal method possible and consulted the dictionary. I happened across the word "megalith" and I thought to myself "that's the best thing ever because I'm a teenage nerd" and I began using the name immediately.

Then, one fateful night a few weeks later, as I was signing in to IRC to partake in whatever passed for discussion at that time, I made a startling, wonderful mistake that changed the face of internetdom for all time: I pressed Y instead of I, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Mine actually has quite a bit of personal meaning behind it. My old handle on here was "partition36", which is my band's name, while I used "djharuko" elsewhere. When I came out as transgender I figured I should change my handle into something with some meaning behind it, so I looked at gender-neutral Japanese names. "Yuki" stood out since it means "snow", and I happen to love both snow and cold weather. Then since I love computers, I added "bit" at the end of it, but with the I changed to a 1 to symbolize my appreciation for hacker subculture. Thus, yukib1t (or sometimes, yuki_b1t)

Mine's obvious: My name's Xane, plus I added 123 just to do what people do when their username's taken: adding pointlessly random numbers to it!

Roamer, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will.

But actually I got it from this:

Stands for ravagefox`

Because all the good names were taken. Being furry doesn't help matters.

When I joined DW I couldn't be bothered to download any source ports so I declared myself a vanilla purist instead.

Shortsightedness, in other words. I wish I just used my name now.

It's not a great story. Take the magic; the gathering card wall of blood. Think; armored, like the cells of blood are protected, hardened to attack (I'm a bio major, we think of things like this). Oh wait armoured looks more flavorful. And there you have it.

I chose printz so as not to stand out. I love how it looks like prince or prints, and that z just looks crazy.

purist said:

Shortsightedness, in other words. I wish I just used my name now.

Ask an administrator if you really want it changed :)

Before I got it changed I based my username on the rumored code name of The Elder Scrolls 5 before it existed which was "Doomsfall" because I couldn't think of a good username at the time and loved to play Oblivion, after my disappointment of TES5 when it did come out I didn't want the username anymore and got it changed to what it is now which is the name of The Dark One in Quest for Glory IV.

printz said:

Ask an administrator if you really want it changed :)

I've considered it. Particulary around the times Johnny Rancid became 40oz and Doomhero85 became General Rainbow Bacon... But it's a bit late now. It's too confusing to have multiple aliases especially if you map.

I don't hate the name, it's just unrepresentative.