Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

New monster idea for DOOM 2

Ever been chainsawed by a bot? Well, imagine if there were 10 chainsaw toting bots comin atchya. That would put the fear of beelzebub in ya. I know whenever a bot starts chowing down on me with a chainsaw I get freaked out and usually end up on the ground holding my spleen and other inards. I'd hate to face monsters that had chainsaws and moved as fast. These type of monsters or former humans would provide a great challenge as well as create some very fast and intense gameplay.

This would require a new weapon: A fast swinging sword to chop those bad boys in two. You'd have to have just the right timing. As soon as one of these chainsaw dudes runs up to you, right before he is about to go to work on ya, you'd attack with this super sword and slice him in two. It would be a very fast weapon, attacking 2 1/2 to 3 times as frequent as the fist and packing same amount of punch as the a berserked fist. Range would be about 64 to 96 units and the damage would increase exponentially the closer you are when you attack the bad guy. This would be lots of fun on demons and imps and just about every demon except baby spiders and momma spider and poppa cyb. Not only would it be designed to deal with chainsaw dudes, but it would also make short work of pesky Arch Viles. Perhaps too powerful? One possibility is instead of using ammo (it's a sword) it would use strength. It'd drain you of energy mighty quickly. This would be in essence ammo, but it would be self replenishing ammo. It would be fully replenished by picking up berserk packs.

Hellbent said:

This would require a new weapon: A fast swinging sword to chop those bad boys in two. You'd have to have just the right timing. As soon as one of these chainsaw dudes runs up to you, right before he is about to go to work on ya, you'd attack with this super sword and slice him in two. It would be a very fast weapon, attacking 2 1/2 to 3 times as frequent as the fist...

Did you that there already IS a commercial thing that has that magical weapon? It comes in a shiny box, can be found in the local bargain-bin, and is called SHADOW WARRRIOR!

Besides, i don't see why that would be necessary to kill those things.

Fine, be that way. :P It wouldn't be necessary, but useful. Or I dunno, I wasn't smoking anything at the time I wrote that, but yea, it's silly.

Use the sprites from the Chainsaw marine skin, you can find at the Epidermis Emporium, then use EDGE to make the monster.

Hmm... I dunno if I'm up to learning all that. But for those that like to make monsters - it's an idea.

The chainsaw guys in Serious Sam TSE do a pretty good job of it. It takes three shotgun shells to down one of the bastards and they can easily outrun you.

deadnail said:

The chainsaw guys in Serious Sam TSE do a pretty good job of it. It takes three shotgun shells to down one of the bastards and they can easily outrun you.

SS TSE fucking rules