Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

"This is how we feed animals" RNC attendee tossed peanuts at black CNN camerawomen

Link

An attendee at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday allegedly threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN and said “This is how we feed animals” before being removed from the convention, a network official confirmed to TPM.

I mean come on, how low as a species must we be with dumb shit like this?

Planky said:

Here, have some nuts Mr Chris

*throws

I'm pretty sure there was implied racism in that attendee's words..

Technician said:

Remember, folks:

I Googled that slogan and I'm honestly a little surprised that it's legit. You don't have to be clever to be offensive, I guess.

That's nothing, I remember when Obama was elected I saw a guy at Home Depot with a bumper sticker that said (and I quote): "Let the nigger hang himself".

I'm certain that man was killed by now.

I much prefer this type of overt racism, to the covert, dog-whistle racism we're seeing these days.

Heh, just checked out the Reddit thread, and the top comments were pretty chuckle-worthy, if not entirely topical.

Mr. Chris said:

NO! Surely you jest, here?

Mr. Chris said:

That's one possible interpretation, There's also CNN's perceived left-wing bias. I'm reminded of Jo Bjelke-Petersen (former Premier of Queensland), who didn't hold news reporters in high regard and referred to his press conferences as "feeding the chooks".

It'd make more sense to throw peanuts at republicans. Because you know, elephant and all.

GreyGhost said:

That's one possible interpretation, There's also CNN's perceived left-wing bias. I'm reminded of Jo Bjelke-Petersen (former Premier of Queensland), who didn't hold news reporters in high regard and referred to his press conferences as "feeding the chooks".

So... Target the camerawoman? Yeah, because she's totally gonna demonstrate her bias with nonstop partisan... camera angles? Even if you believe that CNN is biased, even if you believe the reporters are out to make you look bad, she's just the damn camerawoman... She doesn't even have a say in the matter, and she's just there to earn a friggin' paycheck.

I get what you're saying, it's just that the target makes no sense from that perspective. Singling someone out for being a cameraperson sounds odd... If you were going to assault someone for their job, I'd think you'd target a reporter or something. But then again, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about because I just can't wrap my head around such bitter hatred in the first place.

The remark might even have been aimed at CNN's audience, the camera crew is after all their eye and ears at the event, though like you I don't know what (if anything) was going on inside the peanut thrower's head at the time.

Craigs said:

It'd make more sense to throw peanuts at republicans. Because you know, elephant and all.

I see what you did thar

GreyGhost said:

I'm reminded of Jo Bjelke-Petersen (former Premier of Queensland), who didn't hold news reporters in high regard and referred to his press conferences as "feeding the chooks".

Sir Joh lol! What a classic... they don't make politicians like him anymore! From the great man himself: "The greatest thing that could happen to the state and nation is when we get rid of all the media... then we could live in peace and tranquility and no one would know anything."

Everybody should have a job. Except wimmin, n*****s, and them damn Mexicans. If you don't have one it's your own fault, even if the reason you don't have one is because of Republican economic policies. Those were put in place for the benefit of people who are genetically superior to you and/or are blessed by God Almighty. Abortions should be illegal even if the baby has grown inside-out and has no brain, because that's what Jesus wanted. It's not rape if the man enjoyed it enough. Gays are for dragging behind trucks, not treating like people, and those goddamn atheists and libruls whats teachin' our kids to believe we came from monkeys better watch out too, cuz I think Karl Rove and the great Dick Cheney, who must surely walk on water as our LORD once did, have a Final Solution in mind for 'em.

Welcome to the New Dark Age.

Maybe it's a gender equality issue. Only one person knows for sure and they've disappeared back into the woodwork.

Sounds like Clinton was trying to imply nobody else was going to trust Obama because he's black. Birthers make a fine example of that random distrust in action.

Mr. Chris said:

I mean come on, how low as a species must we be with dumb shit like this? [/B]

A republican, apparently.

I still can't help but think that this could be made up to demonize the GOP. It just seems too stupid to be true, and you can trust CNN to report on the right wing as fairly and as honestly as you can trust Fox News to report on Occupy Wall Street.

The real concern in my opinion would be the GOP at the last minute adding rules to make it harder for grass roots candidates run against right wing puppets.

DeathevokatioN said:

I still can't help but think that this could be made up to demonize the GOP. It just seems too stupid to be true...

Nothing from Florida can be deemed too stupid to be true.

Also this story was published by several other news outlets (Seattle Times, Washington Post, etc.) and confirmed by a member of the Associated Press.

Snakes said:

Also this story was published by several other news outlets (Seattle Times, Washington Post, etc.) and confirmed by a member of the Associated Press.

You'd think being coastal and having a large immigrant population would moderate it compared to its Deep South land-locked neighbors but, somehow, Florida is consistently the worst of a bad lot.

Then again both things are partially true of Texas as well, and it's maybe the only state that beats Florida for well-known ignorance.

Snakes said:

Fair enough, and points taken, although I'm not familiar with the media outlets you mentioned and as a rule I don't trust mainstream media outlets before doing my own research as well, because there is no integrity in mainstream reporting. Don't get me wrong, for all I know it could have happened but I just can't accept the media's word alone as fact when there isn't any evidence except for witness accounts.

GoatLord said:

Why can't it just be okay to make of black people like we make fun of everyone else?

Yeah, white people throwing peanuts at black people and calling them animals is perfectly acceptable. Why do they have to make such a fuss?

Oh wait, no, on second thoughts that isn't acceptable at all.