Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Jesus christ it's a fucking Megawad max movie in 20:30 (ZDoom 2.4.1)

- there's not enough ammo for map15, so I leave all those barons in the pit
- a monster teleporter in map29 doesn't work, so I leave those monsters
- there's no exit in the last map, so I press the wall and check my time in the automap, then type it

I think the jumping map (map19) made the rest of the run kinda tricky and fun to do.

Heh, that was entertaining. :) Too bad you had to kill your allies on map28 because they count as monsters. :(

didierbertrand said:

cbspeed demos for all map

Nice to see some demos for my wad so thanks :)
Anyway, this was the only demo I did myself just a video for youtube, but as I recorded the lmp first, I might as well share it
cbspeed E1M6 Laboratory in 5:38
Far from optimal time though as this was a first exit and I think that it's unfair for me personally to push it any further.

c1b6-538.zip

HAHA, cool stuff, Memfis.

Here I throw a Max in a very cool map:
Micro Plutonia MAP05 UV-Max in 2:56

This wad is awesome, author should make more Plutonia-like maps! DidierTranber maxed MAP04 and here is MAP05.
Regarding demo, map is easy for the most part (EXCEPT FOR GETTING THAT GODDAMN SECRET), and I had lots of fun recording it. Getting sub-3 was obviously the target time and I'm happy I finally made it.

mp05-256.zip

Murderous Intent max demos, recorded in PrBoom-plus 2.5.1.1.

map01 - 1:18
map02 - 4:27
map03 - 7:27
map04 - 4:42
map05 - 7:33
map06 - 7:35
map07 - 3:05

I was surprised at the lack of activity on this episode so here are all of the levels. I tried to play this a bit more casually (more than half of these are first exits), but still well-done enough to be entertaining. I have a hard time breaking free of the perfectionist mentality that speed-running hammered in and felt like that was hindering my ability to have fun, so I wanted to record some runs and try to forget all of that. It partially worked, lol. I hope you enjoy the demos. :)

They were recorded in PrBoom since the text file says the wad requires a Boom compatible port, though I honestly don't know why, aside from the bad HOM in map01.

Edit: oh yeah, and cchest4 distracted me... back to that now! (up to map13)

intent-maxpack.zip