Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Doomguy: the ultimate Battle Butler?

I always found that Doomguy, in all of his rugged Space Marine glory, did have a certain element of elegance, graciousness, aplomb, and stiff upper lip.

I mean, take a look at this screenshot:

The fluid, nonchalant style with which Doomguy reloads the shotgun after dispatching an adversary, while at the same time keeping a serious face, full of aplomb, as if nothing happened, is also admirable. And let's not even mention the touch of elegance afforded by his gloved hands and the dainty yet firm grip with which he clasps the shotgun's fore-end.

This, my fellow gentlemen, is class.

Too bad that mere screenshots don't capture the graceful, swinging motion with which he trains his Weapon, only to aim forward and shoot true in the face of the enemy, when required, again, with all the aplomb and detachment due of a man who's only performing his duty.

Even in such a complex situation, his aim remains true, his hand steady, and his face completely straight. The elegance with which he's able to store immense quantities of ammo without ruining his elegant appearance and contenance is also admirable, the traits of a great organizer.

For that, my friends, I firmly believe that Doomguy is the finest example of a Battle Butler, if there has ever been one.

Technician said:

Yeah, but Doomguy SERVES NOBODY!

What about humanity? For the future of our children and our children's children? Or, more existentially, you could say he serves the player, by dutifully executing all of -and only- his commands.

I forgot to add that his aplomb and self-confidence while fighting is so great that he can afford looking in another direction while shooting straight.

And think of the dexterity taken when doomguy quickly removes his gloves, puts on his knuckledusters and punches away ... poetry in motion ...

amputechture32 said:

What exactly are those three things in the lower right-hand corner of that screen shot?

Blood puffs.

printz said:

No, they may look like Blood, but they're really baby Imps.

Ah alien references in Doom, superb. id certainly was inspired by those movies.

Retog said:

Ah alien references in Doom, superb. id certainly was inspired by those movies.

See what you did printz?? smh ;)

Seriously though, no, those are blood puffs - "particle" sprites that eject when you hit monsters/players - similar to bullet puffs.

Chu said:

See what you did printz?? smh ;)

Seriously though, no, those are blood puffs - "particle" sprites that eject when you hit monsters/players - similar to bullet puffs.

haha I know mate, don't worry :)