Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
princetontiger

oldschools WADs set in space

Are there any good single level or multi-level wads that feature areas where you are walking around on a flat surface and the sky is space?

i'm trying to find some that have a cool "space" feel. not ones where you are in a spaceship, but ones where you are "outside" the planet

Epic 2's second act is set in space, a few levels might suit what you're looking for. I'd say check out MAP18. Not really "old-school" since it came out two years ago, but eh.

Interesting.. I'm creating a WAD with EXACTLY this description right now. The player's on a base on a moon of neptune, and the sky is the space with the giant blue planet. I'll post it here in the forum when I finish it.

that would be awesome.

i'm about 10% the way through Maximum Doom levels for Doom 2, and so far I've seen one wad with a huge open space a ton of cyberdemons. i think it was called BASE122.WAD. but, it features a green sky and nothing close to space.

there is nothing cooler than playing some random space-themed wad on a 22" monitor, while listening to some awesome di.fm chillout dreams music.

Oh, another one I forgot about, Base Ganymede. Three entire episodes set on the titular moon of Jupiter. Once again though not that old school... I'm not that knowledgeable in early WAD's I guess.

Hell to Pay has a really neat spacewalk section in one map, but sadly, there's no legal way to obtain that WAD currently.

Hellbent said:

Equinox is pretty impressive visually although the gameplay an rétard.

No, no, no. The gameplay is excellent once you... oh, just read Creaphis' post

Megamur said:

Hell to Pay has a really neat spacewalk section in one map, but sadly, there's no legal way to obtain that WAD currently.

DSDA hosts the free, abridged version which includes MAP15 you mentioned. http://doomedsda.us/wad584.html