Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Best Doom PSP Homebrew

Yah, the topic, guys. I'm just trying to get a fix on what is probably the best/most reliable one out there as of now? I was looking at this one here from the Doom Legacy port : http://pspslimhacks.com/psp-legacy-third-release-doom-doom-2-and-heretic-on-your-psp/

But, is this the best? Any better? Anything maybe with PrBoom support,though I suppose anything for PWADS would be good.

Any suggestions for other ports then? Or at least the best one currently if known?

Dont get the one that says it has midi support wich it does but its just horrible. Best psp doom homebrew ive encounterd is psp legacy third release. It supports custom wads but nothing super fancy. Also has good multiplayer interface. Kessege me or what ever if you wana do some coop or dm

The PSP Doom ports are very crappy, there are two that are just the Linux Doom source code ported to the PSP, i haven't tried the Legacy PSP one because when wanted to run it, it crashed my PSP.

The PSP really needs a better Doom port, something like PrBoom(+) would be awesome.

xxbio Warfare11 said:

Dont get the one that says it has midi support wich it does but its just horrible. Best psp doom homebrew ive encounterd is psp legacy third release. It supports custom wads but nothing super fancy. Also has good multiplayer interface. Kessege me or what ever if you wana do some coop or dm

It actually has multiplayer? Well, it was my first choice, and though it crashed for you Alek, it didn't, say, completely wreck your PSP did it?

It does indeed. And i have a psp 1000 and it works for the most part. There are only two bugs that i have noticed. 1 is when you load a game save more than 5 times it will kick you to your home screen or just freeze. 2 is that if you keep swiching between other wads it will derp if you try and load a save a legit save. But other than that its pretty cool

Clonehunter said:

It actually has multiplayer? Well, it was my first choice, and though it crashed for you Alek, it didn't, say, completely wreck your PSP did it?

No, it just sends me back to the PSP menu, but when i tried the port i was using an old Custom Firmware, maybe will run now that i have updated it.

I'm using a PSP Slim 2010 if that helps.

Well as of now the Legacy port is working rather well for. It only seems to crash for me though if I put it in sleep mode, and then take it out again. It'll play for a bit before crashing. Other than that it's very nice. Hope to try the multiplayer sometime. ;)